Citizenship interview what to expect when filing under Spouse of US Citizen

GC mama

Registered Users (C)
Next week my wife got Cintizenship interview shceduled. We filed under married to US citizen 3 years rule. We would like to know whether that interview be different from regular interview?.. I mean will they ask any questions to cross check marital union?
we have all other documents ready.:confused:

Next week my wife got Cintizenship interview shceduled. We filed under married to US citizen 3 years rule. We would like to know whether that interview be different from regular interview?.. I mean will they ask any questions to cross check marital union?
we have all other documents ready.:confused:

Your user name begs the question..."Have you got any kids?" The children of a marriage are always the ultimate evidence of a marital union.

You should be ready with photos of the wedding, letters to shared address w both your names, photos of you two together, and other general evidence that you've been together "in good faith."

Your user name begs the question..."Have you got any kids?" The children of a marriage are always the ultimate evidence of a marital union.

Children are solid evidence of a bona fide marriage, but not of a still-ongoing marital union. Children born years ago indicate nothing about whether the marriage is a still a viable union or is headed for divorce.

You should be ready with photos of the wedding, letters to shared address w both your names, photos of you two together, and other general evidence that you've been together "in good faith."

Old evidence like wedding pictures are not very useful at this stage (unless USCIS is questioning the validity of the marriage from the beginning). They have already checked for those things during the initial green card process and again with the I-751. At this stage, what they are mainly concerned about is whether the marriage is still healthy or not, not so much whether it began in good faith. A couple could have been married 20 years with 10 children, but if their marriage is currently heading for divorce the noncitizen spouse would be denied naturalization if applying with the 3 year rule.

They can ask anything they want. Just don't be panic or nervous. Answer for what they ask. You have to carry all marriage related documents but they might not be asked. Take you spouse with you and ask the officer whether can he sit with you during the interview. I took my hubby with me for the interview but the officer did not let him to come with me. The officer was very rude and sarcastic in some ways. I carried a load of documents with photos but he did not ask for anything. It was his bad day so he did not approve at the spot. It took almost 2 years to get approved. Expect anything but be patient, courteous, answer for all questions truthfully, you will be approved.

My wife attended interview this week(citizenship based on marriage). All went well. the officer did not ask any documents. just asked some questions related to marriage and are u currently married to the same person. officer told she is sending it for approval. no questions asked about reentry permit which was before 3 years.
thanks for all for your help.