Citizenship Ceremonies - Oath

Muddy

Registered Users (C)
Citizenship Ceremonies:
The Baltimore District Office conducts administrative oath ceremonies on an almost daily basis. Four judicial ceremonies are usually scheduled each month.

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/baltimore/aboutus.htm

I found the above information on the website of field office of Baltimore. Does this mean that interview and oath will be on the same day?
I checked other field offices, some offices say they do 2-3 times a month, some offices say once a month, ....
I am processing from Baltimore. Anyone has knowledge about oath ceremonies in Baltimore office?

Best Wishes
P.S. We had an option to take test on the day of finger printing and I passed. Security guard was very nice and provided test material when we entered INS office for FP and explained about the test.

I'm from Chicago. I had the same question in mind because I read on the INS website that "in some cases, you may have the option to have the oath cermony on the same day as your interview". I called the INS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. They said that it depends on which state you reside in. They adviced me to call my local INS center to find out if that option is available for Illinois residents. I called them and found out that I can't have the oath cermony on the same day as my interview. So, the best thing to do is to call your local INS center. If you don't have their number, call 1-800-375-5283. They'll let you know.

Did not happen Oath on same day

I spoke to officer and asked about the sameday Oath process, she said "they stopped performing same day Oath process after 9/11 and are performing additional checks on the applicant".

She was not able to give any time frame of the Oath. My interview was on Dec 12th, when can I expect to attend Oath ceremony? I live in Maryland and Baltimore is my Local INS office.

Your replies are greatly appreciated.
Regards