citizenship after GC

cranky_jutt

Registered Users (C)
hello,

i am confused about applying for US citizenship after receiving GC by marriage to USC.

is it after 3 years of marriage or 3 years to getting GC ?

3 yr after getting GC

its 3 years if you are married to a citizen and 5 yrs if you married to non-citizen.

Time is counted from the day your 485is approved - the RESIDENT SINCE date on your GC

you can apply 90 days before you complete either 3 or 5 yrs.

but you also need to have been married to a USC for 3 years, and he/she must have been a USC for 3 years.

is 2 years 9months after getting ur green card before u can apply for citizenship.not from the day u get married

i am confused about applying for US citizenship after receiving GC by marriage to USC.

is it after 3 years of marriage or 3 years to getting GC ?[/QUOTE]

what about if you have a conditional green card (i.e. you've been married less than two years when you get your GC.) Is it three years from when the conditional green card is issued or three years from when the conditions are removed?

what about if you have a conditional green card (i.e. you've been married less than two years when you get your GC.) Is it three years from when the conditional green card is issued or three years from when the conditions are removed?

PunjabDaPuttar said it in his reply:

its 3 years if you are married to a citizen and 5 yrs if you married to non-citizen.

Time is counted from the day your 485is approved - the RESIDENT SINCE date on your GC

you can apply 90 days before you complete either 3 or 5 yrs.

The unconditional green card will have the same date for "Resident since" as your conditional one. Meaning 3 yrs (if married to a USC) or 5 yrs (normal) from the time you were first granted residence in the US.