Citizen vs Permanent Resident

Here are some

As citizen you can stay out of the country as long as you want. As resident you have to take return resident permit if you want to stay out of country for more that 6 months. As citizen you can vote and You can get jobs in defance industry and fed govt. If you have citizenship, if the feds changes any benefitiary rules, you will be safe.

Disadvantage is you loose your native passport.

Re-entry permit

Is the re-entry permit needed for U.S citizen\'s who are staying outside the country
for more than one year too?

thanks!

You do loose your native passport

Though US does not forciblly take away your native passport, the oath you are going take at the time of citizenship says that you will give up your native passport. If it wants US can prosecute you if you have the native passport. Where as US citizen by birth can take dual citizenship since they do not have oath.

Check the one year stay outside again. This is only possible If you leave the country in begining of july and come back by end of june next year. The idea is in any calender year one has to stay 6 months to maintan residency. These rules are same as Canadian

Deductions on Insurance

Thanks a lot for the information. One of my colleagues, who happens to be a Canadian Citizen (he is a permanant resident of USA) was mentioning that the deductions on insurance amount would vary significantly between Citizens and Permanant residents. Can some one throw more light on that ?

Regarding citizen ship.

I have already applied for the USA citizenship in the month of August 2001. Should I hope interview in this year i.e.2002?