Child to be present for stamping?

wsu_1

Registered Users (C)
My son and I got 485 approved on 1/14/04. Finally. Hope each of us will get it soon!
I have two questions.
1. My wife has not got any online update. Still "RFE received....". Is this unusual?
2. My son is 8 years old. Does he need to go for passport stamping?

Any thinking or information will be appreciated.

One of my friend got approved two weeks back. His kids directly received GC Cards. He is yet to get stamped.

One of my friend who got approved last week has a 5 year old. The kid got the greencard in the mail (yes actual card).

The coupld got the stamping done a few days back.

Hope that helps.

Photoes?

pingpong02 and sfbay_guy:
Thanks to both of you for the info. But do they need the photoes before sending the actual cards to kids?

we had to take our 5 year old with - his approval notice specified that he had to be there complete with 2 photos - they took his fingerprints too.

LindaMac,

I thought it was illegal to take finger prints of kids under the age of 14! I am sure if I look, I can find that article again. Are you sure your 5 year son was made to give his finger prints?

Amazing!

100 % sure - he even had to do it a second time because when the officer told him to lift his finger he didn't do it right away and the print smudged. I would appreciate the info if it is illegal - though I am not sure what exactly I could do with it - sue BCIS ??