Child Status Protection Act- Retention of Priority Date - Class action Litigation ?

bubblejc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Is anyone here have the same situation here where your case was approved before Aug 2002 but no final determniation was made at that time, AND you (or your child) aged out after Aug 2002, and would like to fight for the retention of priority date in federal court? I am the derivative beneficiery of my family's F-4 petition, and turn out to be over 21 after the calculation according to the formula given in CSPA. :(

If any of you have done something to this, can you please tell me what happened? Thanks in advance!!

bubblejc said:
Hi,

Is anyone here have the same situation here where your case was approved before Aug 2002 but no final determniation was made at that time, AND you (or your child) aged out after Aug 2002, and would like to fight for the retention of priority date in federal court? I am the derivative beneficiery of my family's F-4 petition, and turn out to be over 21 after the calculation according to the formula given in CSPA. :(

If any of you have done something to this, can you please tell me what happened? Thanks in advance!!

Hi

My son is a cspa case

May I ask

Where are your parents?

Did they get LPR not through a relative or USC

Did they apply I 824 (if you are in home country) to follow to join

Did they fill in I 130 for you

What AOS forms did they fill in for you before you turned 21 ?

Please give as many details as you can in the hope I may be able to assist

Hi,

My parents are in the States now (California). They got their LPR through my uncle who is a USC now. I don't know what I 824 is, and they haven't filed I130 for me since they havent received their actual greencard yet (they will in 3 weeks. They just enter the U.S. 2 days ago). I also dont think they filled any form for me before I turned 21. We applied in 1993 and they just got their interview in July 2005 and got the final decision in Aug 2005. I am over 21 according to CSPA's formula, but I am looking into the section of retention of priority date and am hoping that it'll help me get green card using the original priority date.

Hi

Lets form action group?

Please pm me with your contact deails if interested (or anyone else) and maybe do class action suit

Regards Sue