Chicago - Waiting On Oath Ceremoney 12/02

MUZAMMILS

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have been Waiting for Oath Ceremoney since 12/2002 - I had my Interview done on 12/23/02 and Officer told me I should recieved the Oath letter within 8 weeks ... Chicago Office keep telling me they are waiting to get clear my name ? what can I do any tip ?

thanks

MUZAMMILS,
do you have a straightforward case? Do you have a common name? or did you request a name change? These factors do effect the processing of the case. I know a person who waited more than two years for oath. Finally a congressman was able to get the status and oath letter for this person.

Good luck and plz keep us posted.

My case is very Straight - I do have a common name "Muhammad " - I recently spoke with Lady in the Senator office and she is working on my case ...Hopefully .........

Muzzamils,
When you passed the interview and the letter that they gave you, what did it say??? Does it say that congratulations you have passed the test and you are recommended for the approval of the citizenship.
CD

Hmmmm
This is strange! So many people have gotten this sort of letter after interview but no one has reported mentioning 8 weeks of timeline. Even the officer interviewed me also said this verbally to me that I should get a letter in about 2 months. Was there anything else check marked like "a decission cannot be made at this time ....".
I am pretty sure you can get your senator involve in this but call FBI few times to check if they have done what they are suppose to do...
CD