Chicago OCI: No acknowledgement in 2 months

gc_for_spouse

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

I have not received any acknowledgement of my OCI application from the Chicago consulate in 2 months. Is this normal? How can I check if they received my application? I paid the fee through a money order so I cannot track whether they even cashed the fee.

I checked their online case status info and did not see my number.

Do they answer case status questions on the phone? Please advise.

Thanks.

Same boat. Wondering if anyone understood the pattern in the Online ID ? I think the last 2 digits (06 or 07) are year while rest of the numbers are in series (based on my and my wife's number). However, when I type some random numbers, I found the applications are acked in seemingly random order

Oath reschedule

I was reading your old posts. Did you reschedule the oath date? If yes, How any days afterwards were you able to take oath.

Yes.

Yes. I was able to reschedule my oath ceremony. I wrote a letter to the USCIS office explaining the situation and was re-scheduled for the next month. No issues.

Reschedule Oath

Could you please answer the following questions? I am in deep tension.

1. Where did you send back N-445 letter ( Nebraska office or 101 w congress or somewhere else)

2. What was your first Oath date and the new reshceduled date?

Thanks a lot.

I sent my letter to both places, local office and the service center. However, it was the local office that replied and rescheduled my oath ceremony.

My original ceremony date was August 31, 06. I was in India on this date and returned to the US on September 4. My rescheduled ceremony was October 30, 06.