Chicago N400 Interview Experience

krakow007

Registered Users (C)
Had my interview at 101 Congress Pkwy on Jan 6, 2009. Mine was the 3 year/Married to USC route. Interview time was 8:25 am. But it seemed like all the interviews were running late. Finally my pager buzzed around 9 am. I waited for 2-3 minutes and I was called in by a lady officer. She was very to the point and business like but not unfriendly. My wife has volunteered to come with me even though she was not required. The officer said she did not need my wife for the interview either.
We walked to her room where she made me swear to speak the truth. Then I was asked to sign on my photos. Then she printed out six questions, asked me and then wrote down my answers herself. Basically I was asked - Father of the nation, How many elected members in the house of reps, how long we elect reps for, who was the chief justice, one war fought in 1900-s and one other that I dont remember. Then I was asked to read "who is the father of the nation" and asked to write "George Washington is the father of my nation".
Then she went over my form confirming all the questions I answered and congratulated me on passing. She asked me to wait while she got a copy of my passport and green card. Then she asked me wait in the lobby for my oath letter. She said I would be scheduled for Jan 12.
I went out and waited to pick up my oath letter which was given to me after about 25 minutes.
So all in all very smooth and uneventful.

call phone and back pack restrictions

Had my interview at 101 Congress Pkwy on Jan 6, 2009. Mine was the 3 year/Married to USC route. Interview time was 8:25 am. But it seemed like all the interviews were running late. Finally my pager buzzed around 9 am. I waited for 2-3 minutes and I was called in by a lady officer. She was very to the point and business like but not unfriendly. My wife has volunteered to come with me even though she was not required. The officer said she did not need my wife for the interview either.
We walked to her room where she made me swear to speak the truth. Then I was asked to sign on my photos. Then she printed out six questions, asked me and then wrote down my answers herself. Basically I was asked - Father of the nation, How many elected members in the house of reps, how long we elect reps for, who was the chief justice, one war fought in 1900-s and one other that I dont remember. Then I was asked to read "who is the father of the nation" and asked to write "George Washington is the father of my nation".
Then she went over my form confirming all the questions I answered and congratulated me on passing. She asked me to wait while she got a copy of my passport and green card. Then she asked me wait in the lobby for my oath letter. She said I would be scheduled for Jan 12.
I went out and waited to pick up my oath letter which was given to me after about 25 minutes.
So all in all very smooth and uneventful.

Were you allowed to carry your cell phone and back-pack inside the building ?