Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Just curious. The IO didn't give the oath letter when he/she passed you? I thought Chicago DO asks you to wait outside for the oath letter if the interview goes well.

One gets the oath letter in mail if they are requesting name change since the court's reservation system is not available to the DO at this time. If you are not requesting a name change, you will get your oath letter the same day.

I had my interview in August, went for a name change, got the oath letter on the same day from the counter after the interview. Oath was in front of a judge for all of us in about 6 days from interview date. So, there was no delay due to name change.

what happen at chicago was the courtroom 2525 under construction since the end of september until the end of december so i estimate the number of applicants who are waiting to take the oath infront of a judge are between a 1000 and 1500
most of them going to take the oath during january 2010

Just curious. The IO didn't give the oath letter when he/she passed you? I thought Chicago DO asks you to wait outside for the oath letter if the interview goes well.

Actually, this depends on where exactly you live. For the applicants from the Chicagoland the oaths are given in Chicago (where the oaths are administered very frequently) and they usually get oath letters at the completion of the interview. However, for applicants from southern and central Illinois the federal courts there have claimed exclusive jurisdiction over oaths (so no administrative oaths are available), and such applicants have to take judicial oaths in federal courts near their places of residence. These oaths are administered rather infrequently (in the town where I live basically 4 times per year, about every three months), and then one has to wait for the oath letter to arrive by mail.

I have oath on Dec.14 at 8.00 AM at congress parkway.

I want to plan my day for passport.So please tell me how many hours take for oath at chicago.Can you write your experience for oath.

thanks

Hi, My Oath ceremony was scheduled for 8am, but the whole process took approx 2 hrs. The actual oath took around 15 mins, but the seating process and all took the rest of the time. I was done by about 10:30 and walked right onto the post office on Dearborn and applied for the passport. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
IL received.

N-400 Timeline
----------------------
09/28/2009 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix, AZ (USPS)
10/01/2009 : Priority Date.
10/09/2009 : NOA Received
10/09/2009 : FP Notice Received
10/21/2009 : FP done
12/10/2009 : Interview Letter & Check list.
01/21/2010 : Interview Date
xx/xx/20xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/20xx : Oath Date.

IL received.

N-400 Timeline
----------------------
09/28/2009 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix, AZ (USPS)
10/01/2009 : Priority Date.
10/09/2009 : NOA Received
10/09/2009 : FP Notice Received
10/21/2009 : FP done
12/10/2009 : Interview Letter & Check list.
01/21/2010 : Interview Date
xx/xx/20xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/20xx : Oath Date.

Mine is the day before your ID.

I have news to report too finally! Got a LUD change email on 12/9 and today a 2nd level IO confirmed my interview has been scheduled for 1/20! I can't believe it. Credit goes to my congressional representative for moving my case forward. No letter yet because I'm out of town for the holidays.

Spiderman03, what time is your appt? Maybe I'll see you there :)

Question for my interview - of course my case has taking so freaking long that I ended up with a traffic ticket last month :( I got a ticket for turning right on a no turn on red sign. I had to go to court for it and ended up paying a $25 fine and "supervision." It's my only ticket ever so nothing is indicated on my application. Is this worth bringing up at the interview? What should I do?

I have news to report too finally! Got a LUD change email on 12/9 and today a 2nd level IO confirmed my interview has been scheduled for 1/20! I can't believe it. Credit goes to my congressional representative for moving my case forward. No letter yet because I'm out of town for the holidays.

Question for my interview - of course my case has taking so freaking long that I ended up with a traffic ticket last month :( I got a ticket for turning right on a no turn on red sign. I had to go to court for it and ended up paying a $25 fine and "supervision." It's my only ticket ever so nothing is indicated on my application. Is this worth bringing up at the interview? What should I do?

Mine is at 8:50 AM. As for traffic tickets, people have different opinion on it. I had 2 tickets in the past which I already reported. Then I had one on the day I gave FP i.e 8/25/09. I paid fine, got court document as proof of payment. I plan to bring it up during the interview.

Can you post your detailed timeline like mine and also, what time is your interview?

Can you please respond to my reply. Thanks.

After reading lot of Chicago interview experience, and my own, I am fairly certain that the IO will not ask you about trafic tickets. They will ask you if you had any troble with the police and any arrests and such. If not asked, then no need to volunteer the information. If asked, mention it. It will not affect your eligibility. Goodluck!

I have applied for a US Passport. Does my naturalization certificate gets returned with the US passport in the same mail or in a different mail?

Here's my timeline:

4/8/2009 -- Priority date
4/15/2009 -- Check Cashed
4/22/2009 -- NOA Received
5/6/2009 -- Fingerprinting completed
6/20/2009 -- Yellow checklist rec'd
11/4/2009 -- Still waiting for IL (Day 210)
12/9/2009 -- LUD change email
1/20/2010 -- ID

Interview is bright and early at 7:30 am!

Brett Favre hasn't thrown a Hail Mary that was successful. You mean Doug Flutie??

My friend did you watch the 49ers vs. Vikings game? I did, and I saw how far that ball went for a hail mary touchdown! Does Doug Flutie still play in this league?

P.S. I dont like the Vikings at all. :mad:

Anyway back to answering questions about the USCIS.