01/20/2009: FP Letter Received
01/29/2009: FP Appointment
01/29/2009: FP Completed
xx/xx/xxxx: Interview Letter
xx/xx/xxxx: Interview Date
xx/xx/xxxx: Oath Letter
xx/xx/xxxx: Oath Date

Mr.Vertigo: Questions

What happens if we don't apply for N600 for Kids, i have already applied for US passport. My kids are 16 and 11 years old.

Thanks

What happens if we don't apply for N600 for Kids, i have already applied for US passport. My kids are 16 and 11 years old.

Thanks

It becomes more difficult to show citizenship status to those agencies who don't accept passport as proof of US citizenship.

February Oath Ceremonies are up for Chicago - all in all 24 separate ceremonies are being held in 12 different days! :eek: :D There's also two on February 26th - my ID. I have my interview at 8:15 and one of the ceremonies is at 1:00 PM. I hope they give me oath letter right there and then but I'm not holding my breath..

The link is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath Letters

I received some information about the oath letters for people interviewing in Chicago; I was told that there is a new pilot program that allows for those who pass the interview the chance to get a date right there before they lieve the Chicago DO that very same day.

Hope this helps....

I received some information about the oath letters for people interviewing in Chicago; I was told that there is a new pilot program that allows for those who pass the interview the chance to get a date right there before they lieve the Chicago DO that very same day.

Hope this helps....

Very interesting, could you explain where this information is coming from?

January interview experience

I'd be very interested in hearing about experiences of people with February interviews in this regard.

A friend of mine [whose PD is December 2006, by the way] had an interview early January, and received his OL right on spot for the following day. In other words, interview on Monday followed by an oath on Wednesday. IO even apologized for the short notice :D.

My Interview Experience

Dear all,

today I had my interview at the Chicago DO; my appointment was schedueled for today at 09:25 am. I got there a little earlier, got registered and waited until my name was called. The officer that called my name was very nice and greeted me at the door, walked me to his office, put me under oath, etc... Since I had a priority date for September 29 2008 I was entittled to take the old test, he asked me this six questions from the list (all too easy) and I got them all fine, he even cracked a little joke saying that he was going to scam for a question a little more difficult since I was answering to all the questions so fast :D

When he finished with the questions, he asked me to read a simple line and then he said, well, that was the hard part of the exam. A minute later he when thru the N400 and asked me a few questions here and there, then he went to the yes/no questions part and that was it. No more than 15 minutes.

He asked me to sign here, there and bla bla bla... He handed me my pictures and asked me to sign them... That was all. He congratulated me and asked me to wait for a minute so that he can pull up the Oath schedule...

We picked a date for next week and I was ready to go. overall it was a positive experience.

I want to thank to all the people writing on this forum, it has provided great confort in moment of great ansiety...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!

Dear all,

today I had my interview at the Chicago DO; my appointment was schedueled for today at 09:25 am. I got there a little earlier, got registered and waited until my name was called. The officer that called my name was very nice and greeted me at the door, walked me to his office, put me under oath, etc... Since I had a priority date for September 29 2008 I was entittled to take the old test, he asked me this six questions from the list (all too easy) and I got them all fine, he even cracked a little joke saying that he was going to scam for a question a little more difficult since I was answering to all the questions so fast :D

When he finished with the questions, he asked me to read a simple line and then he said, well, that was the hard part of the exam. A minute later he when thru the N400 and asked me a few questions here and there, then he went to the yes/no questions part and that was it. No more than 15 minutes.

He asked me to sign here, there and bla bla bla... He handed me my pictures and asked me to sign them... That was all. He congratulated me and asked me to wait for a minute so that he can pull up the Oath schedule...

We picked a date for next week and I was ready to go. overall it was a positive experience.

I want to thank to all the people writing on this forum, it has provided great confort in moment of great ansiety...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience! Did I understand it correctly that the IO gave you an oath letter at the conclusion of the interview?

Just stumbled upon this forum and thanks for the great info. I have a quick question about the Civic Test. As I am going through the 100 questions, I noticed that the answers for some questions (around 10 or so) are extremely similar. The study guide did not specify whether we need to give all answers or just one of them.

For example:

25. Why do some states have more Representatives than other states?
*(because of) the state's population
*(because) they have more people
*(because) some states have more people

60. What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?
*Africans
*People from Africa

71. What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?
*the Louisiana Territory
*Louisiana

Here is what I want to know. For the questions above, do we have to give all answers or just one of them? Thanks!!!

12/19/08 : FP Done
02/02/09 : Interview Letter
03/16/09 : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

Last edited by a moderator: