Chennai CP success 04/19; One question for CP gurus

Successful CP on April 17th

Pretty much cut and paste of what rr_rr has to say. I\'m the guy whose last name and first name were reversed. I went back to consulate asking them to fix this but they refused it saying it wasn\'t a "major" mistake. In any case, I entered US on April 29th and got it fixed at the POE. The consular officer just stuck off what was written on the cover letter and corrected the name with a sketch pen. The whole process at POE took less than 30 mins.

No questions were asked at the CP. Just have all docs as mentioned in the Packet 4 list, srifx list and append the PCC.

Make a different bunch for u and ur wife. Some people made the mistake of lumping all documents in one bunch. You will be asked to separate them. Avoid this hassle by making two separate bunches.

I\'ll be happy to answer any questions. Good Luck to all of you!
-Siddharth.

Interview at Chennai

Did they ask any questions?? if yes, what type of questions?? Does the company size matters?? do they check all the reference letters, degree certificate, etc... with the respective companies and universities???? please post such type of experience. One of my friend is planing to go to chennai for CP.

ravicm...

I\'ll try to address your questions in parts. Some of your questions are too generic, so it is not easy to give pointed answers.

(i) Did they ask any questions?? if yes, what type of questions??

In general, there are some basic questions that many CPers get asked, primarily relating to employment (for employment based applicants such as your friend). The actual questions any applicant gets asked is going to be a function of the background related to that applicant. My suggestion to you would be to compile a collection of \'CP Success\' experiences (using the Search feature) posted on this website by many previous CPers and review them to get a feel for specific questions asked of them.

(ii) Does the company size matter??

As long as the sponsoring company is a legitimate company, in business, financially viable to support the employment offer (that is the basis of the employment based green card), and has gone through the standard process in terms of labor and I-140 etc. for the employee it is sponsoring, size shouldn\'t be a factor.

(iii) Do they check all the reference letters, degree certificates, etc... with the respective companies and universities????

The most meaningful letter is the employment letter from the sponsoring company. All other documents that you refer to (previous employers, university degrees etc.) are all docmuments that applicants typically take to the interview for backup purposes, but are not required to submit. The only reason they may ask to look at these documents is if they have unanswered questions or if they suspect improper or fraudulent documentation.

As a general suggestion, if you have not already done so, please review the required documents list posted elsewhere on this website to get a better feel for what is required.

Best regards.

sidd

I was there on april 17th but i did not see you. I got my gc too but i was told by my peers that the applicant gets his plastic card faster than wife.

chicago guy

I didn\'t see u either. I was sitting in the third row, at the corner. Did u get ur plastic card already? It is taking two weeks I believe. So I\'m expecting it during the week of may 13th.

Good Luck,
-Siddharth

sidd_hyd

Havent got my plastic card yet. hope to get it in the second week of May. I was sitting on the 2nd row third column.

Good luck to you too.