Chennai Consulate: 221g documentation

rake

Registered Users (C)
hi friends,

I applied for H1B visa two days ago at Chennai consulate and was given a 221g refusal; i was asked for additional documentation, and to return on any tuesday, wednesday or thursday 9am to 12 noon without an appointment. the following were checked on the 221g sheet (i am typing them in verbatim):

1) A detailed description of the petitioner's needs for this position and how the beneficiary worker intends to address them.

2) A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which the beneficiary will be assigned. include a complete description of the project, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned to it, location of the worksite and a marketing analysis for the final product.

3) A complete itinerary of services or engagements specifying the dates of each service or engagement, the names and addresses of agent, the names and addresses of the actual employers, and the names and addresses of the establishment, venues or locations where the services will be performed.

I got my H1 processed through a small consulting company. i am not convinced that i can rely on the company to provide all the above details accurately. I would really appreciate it very much if any of you could answer my questions:

- has anyone been refused H1B visa under section 221g and asked for documentation for any or all of the above three points?

- is there any specific format or particular details that have to be mentioned for the above documentation? if anyone has any sample documents, it would be extremely helpful.

- this may sound lame, but, can i take fax/printouts from my US employer, containing the information they asked above or do i need to take only originals when i return to the consulate?

any other ideas/comments/suggestions?

thanks

221g ..Urgent

Hi Friends,

I am also in the same situation, got 221g for

1) A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which the beneficiary will be assigned. include a complete description of the project, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned to it, location of the worksite and a marketing analysis for the final product. ...along with financial projections

2) A complete itinerary of services or engagements specifying the dates of each service or engagement, the names and addresses of agent, the names and addresses of the actual employers, and the names and addresses of the establishment, venues or locations

What type of documents we have to submit to emabbassy.. if some one gone through same query. Please help us ?.

Thanks,,,,,,

rake said:
hi friends,

I applied for H1B visa two days ago at Chennai consulate and was given a 221g refusal; i was asked for additional documentation, and to return on any tuesday, wednesday or thursday 9am to 12 noon without an appointment. the following were checked on the 221g sheet (i am typing them in verbatim):

1) A detailed description of the petitioner's needs for this position and how the beneficiary worker intends to address them.

where the services will be performed.
2) A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which the beneficiary will be assigned. include a complete description of the project, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned to it, location of the worksite and a marketing analysis for the final product.

3) A complete itinerary of services or engagements specifying the dates of each service or engagement, the names and addresses of agent, the names and addresses of the actual employers, and the names and addresses of the establishment, venues or locations
I got my H1 processed through a small consulting company. i am not convinced that i can rely on the company to provide all the above details accurately. I would really appreciate it very much if any of you could answer my questions:

- has anyone been refused H1B visa under section 221g and asked for documentation for any or all of the above three points?

- is there any specific format or particular details that have to be mentioned for the above documentation? if anyone has any sample documents, it would be extremely helpful.

- this may sound lame, but, can i take fax/printouts from my US employer, containing the information they asked above or do i need to take only originals when i return to the consulate?

any other ideas/comments/suggestions?

thanks

Why dont you all do a hunger strike on consulate officers repsonse for H1 visas .This is ridiculous.How can a consultancy company give all the future projects details, clients name , team size bla bla
Somebody has to write to consulate regardingthis problem

H4 help please

Hello Umashankar. thank you for your suggestions on this forum.

i have 2 questions regarding H4 stamping for my wife. her appointment is on jan 23rd. 2006

1. she is going alone for H4 revalidation in chennai as her h4 has expired in july 2005. i am not going at the moment because of my work . can she get her H4 stamped even though my new h1 is not stamped yet (after changing the employer) i have a H1 approval notice and all other docs like w2s pay stubs etc.

2. what are teh required documents from my side i have to send with her. if you have a list can you mail me please. specifically do i have to send my LCA and I129 along with her.

your help is greatly appreciated.

221(g) for Project Marketing analysis

Hi Rake/hello2u,

Have you found any solution for the problem? have you dropped the documents in Dropbox?

I attended chennai consulate today.(Jan 04 2006) . The officer asked me so many questions and lastly he asked me to show the Marketing analysis of the project i am going to work on ( After showing the Client offer letter). I said I do not have the marketing analysis . He said fine gentleman every thing is fine, you can ask for the marketing analysis and drop the list of documents with the same before 30 Jan 2006.

I had no say. Pleae write back on what happened in your case.

Hope to hear you back.

RJG.

I am also in the same situation.VO asked me to submit certain documents via the TTS Services Drop Box before 30'th Jan 2006.Does anyone of you have any idea how long will the consulate take to process my visa?.Please advise.

Dont worry guys,

Mostly CO is asking for the letter of agreement between your employer(consultancy firm) and client.This letter can be old or new.If you can provide this letter along with other documents (degree,exp,paystubs etc..,) then you will get visa. My friend dropped that letter in drop box and he got the visa in 4 days

All the best

Got 221(g) today 06th jan inteview.

Hi friends i got 221(g) blue. There are green, orange also which are critical and chances are 50/50. Blue is fine if you provide the documents reqd the visa is for sure.

I got 221(g) blue with following:
1). Interior and exteriror photos of the premisis where the beneficiary will be placed for working.

2). A signe letter from the supervisor of the company where the beneficiary is intended to be placed and the duration, type of work he will be placed.

3). Description of the internal development project on which the beneficiary is going to be placed, no. of workers allocated, timeline, marketing analysis of the product.

I spoke to my employer and he said he will look into the matter. He assured that the documents will be provided.

Please note that i am not given the 30th jan 2006 deadline kind a thing. I am just asked to mail them through the vfs along with other documnts and passport, visa issuance fee.

Hope to see some more suggestions on this 221(g).

H4 help please

Hello Redds777,
yes it is better to have LCA & i129.

I am in a similar situation as you and my wife went for h4 on Jan 4th. She got 221(g) for adminstrative reason. Someone in this forum mentioned it is Mantis Check. I believe Chennai consulate has more % of 221(g). Be prepared for this.

Hi UmaShankar,
Can you please mention if i have to drop just the Additional Document that was requested by the VO (OR) Should i also drop the other supporting documents like Offer Letter,Client letter,W2 Forms etc.
Please Advise.

Please see the letter you are given saying 221(g).

You have to provide all the documents marked (x) in the 221(g) letter given to you. Not more nor less. Both will cost you dearly. Be careful not to provide extra information than indicated.

siddhuhere said:
Hi UmaShankar,
Can you please mention if i have to drop just the Additional Document that was requested by the VO (OR) Should i also drop the other supporting documents like Offer Letter,Client letter,W2 Forms etc.
Please Advise.

For tts booked appointments its before January 30 2006.

For tts appointments they are giving such deadline of jan 30. but for vfs appointment folks its 1 year from the "application received date" stamped on your passport. After which you need to take a fresh appointment paying 4600.

rjgsek said:
Hi Rake/hello2u,

Have you found any solution for the problem? have you dropped the documents in Dropbox?

I attended chennai consulate today.(Jan 04 2006) . The officer asked me so many questions and lastly he asked me to show the Marketing analysis of the project i am going to work on ( After showing the Client offer letter). I said I do not have the marketing analysis . He said fine gentleman every thing is fine, you can ask for the marketing analysis and drop the list of documents with the same before 30 Jan 2006.

I had no say. Pleae write back on what happened in your case.

Hope to hear you back.

RJG.

221g

Hi,

i went to embassy with the interan project documents. It has around 20 pages and contains marketing analysis, Financial projections and some details about the company. Vo looked at the document and says as you have provided more details than required, we need more time for processing and gave a papers saying administrative processing required. So guys take the information what ever they asked not more or less. Also better to have the exact headings for those points that are mentioned in the document like current status, no of people, time line, marketing analysis. Some time they may just look at the contents if you provide big document. So be precise and should have all the details.
Please help me if some one got administrative processing, How long it is going to take and what they are going to verify. All they have is H1b papers and internal project details. How to know the status of the case ?.

Please help me.

what is mantis check

Nimalan said:
Hello Redds777,
yes it is better to have LCA & i129.

I am in a similar situation as you and my wife went for h4 on Jan 4th. She got 221(g) for adminstrative reason. Someone in this forum mentioned it is Mantis Check. I believe Chennai consulate has more % of 221(g). Be prepared for this.

thank you nimalan for the reply . what is mantis check ? and also in 221g what was cross marked (only administrative reason) ???

let us keep in touch and post the developments if you dont mind. my id is arr_ravi@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Ravi

umashankarnk said:
Why dont you all do a hunger strike on consulate officers repsonse for H1 visas .This is ridiculous.How can a consultancy company give all the future projects details, clients name , team size bla bla
Somebody has to write to consulate regardingthis problem

?Yeah we can we write to the consulate office this matter otherwise it will be a serious problem

Okay let me share my expereicne i got 221g for the 3rd time

last time i had all the letters documents except the marketing analysis.so i droppped it in dropbox and after 2 days i got back my passport and a blue color slip asking for marketing analysis , how can a company give that , my employer says its hard for them to ask for the marketing analysis and they fear that there might be a problem with their client is they ask for it.And they have asked the lease agreement of the client place also.I don't know why this is needed.One other person who went with the same letter in delhi and he got through.how is this possible... and what is happening here.

Please advice me regarding the marketing analysis stuff and going forward how to solve such problems, no point spending so much time in the consulate it self , i have to start my project before last week of january.

I think your employer need to talk to INS regarding this,because they are the
persons who can instruct the consulate to act upon your case.Infact i am also in the same situation and dropped the documents in the drop box and having my fingers crossed now.

BTW,did they ask for the marketing analysis in the previous(Second) 221(g) letter and you did not submit in the drop box (OR) was it asked suddenly in the current(Third) 221(g) letter?

orangeN said:
?Yeah we can we write to the consulate office this matter otherwise it will be a serious problem

Okay let me share my expereicne i got 221g for the 3rd time

last time i had all the letters documents except the marketing analysis.so i droppped it in dropbox and after 2 days i got back my passport and a blue color slip asking for marketing analysis , how can a company give that , my employer says its hard for them to ask for the marketing analysis and they fear that there might be a problem with their client is they ask for it.And they have asked the lease agreement of the client place also.I don't know why this is needed.One other person who went with the same letter in delhi and he got through.how is this possible... and what is happening here.

Please advice me regarding the marketing analysis stuff and going forward how to solve such problems, no point spending so much time in the consulate it self , i have to start my project before last week of january.

Just wondering if anyone got back the passport after dropping the documents in VFS drop box. We dropped around 14Dec05 . No news till now.

Hi All,

I went to consulate on 4th oa Jan I got 221g and VO asked me to use the TTS dropbox before 30th Jan. I sent the docs on 18th Jan and on 28th I got a courier from TTS which have only my Passport and Visa DD , rest all documents with VO only. They have not even send me any 221G document. Any one aware of such case? Please help if any one knows about this.

regards,
rg. :confused:

Need format for Internal project's financial analysis

Hi Friends,

I got a 221g on Dec 12 2005. Consulate has specifically asked for the "financial analysis" for the internal project assigned to me. My company is not sure what the format could be as it is a very small company. Request you to please provide me a format for the "Fianacial analysis" of any ongoing in-house project.

Please help me out friends.

- :confused: spb
hello2u said:
Hi Friends,

I am also in the same situation, got 221g for

1) A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which the beneficiary will be assigned. include a complete description of the project, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned to it, location of the worksite and a marketing analysis for the final product. ...along with financial projections

2) A complete itinerary of services or engagements specifying the dates of each service or engagement, the names and addresses of agent, the names and addresses of the actual employers, and the names and addresses of the establishment, venues or locations

What type of documents we have to submit to emabbassy.. if some one gone through same query. Please help us ?.

Thanks,,,,,,

HI All I got 221g on 21stJan

Hi All,
On Jan-21st 2005 I had gon for H1B Visa to Chennai consulate and got 221g.

The main thing on which the consulate person stressed is

1.A detailed and Specific descriprtion of the internal development project to which the beneficiary will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned to it, location of the work site and a marketing analysis (NOTE: IT IS NOT FINANCIAL ANALYSIS) for the final product.

They asked me to use the Drop Box service,

Please let me know what all other documents that I need to send along with this.

Where to fill the New DS-156 and 157. and what all the things that i need to change in the DS156 and 157.

Earlist help will be great.

If u have already dropped ur documents what is the current status.

U can contact me at brsha1979@yahoo.com

Thanks and Regards,
Shankar