Charlotte,NC N-400 Processing Time

I contacted Charlotte office a couple months ago, and was told "we can't give u a time frame for your Oath ceremony".

My security clearance came in sep 2003, and was told that I will be scheduled for an Oath ceremony...

Since, than I have been waiting and nothing from BCIS...

Is Charlotte, North Carolina office having Oath ceremonies on a regular basis or....????

Please share any experience with this office...

Charlotte

I filed in Feb 2002.
Fingetprinited in July.
Interview in Spet 2002.
Passed and was give the usual form stating I would receive oat through the mail.
It's been over 1 year.
My last contact was in September where I was informed that there were several examiners out for service in Iraq.
That it could be another year!
So now I guess my fingerprints have expired.
On line check of my cast now shows
"Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on February 13, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 750 and 999 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."
WONDREFUL place this INS or BCIS.
I met someone there who has been waiting for oath since Dec 2001. He's written the local Sen and get the same responce.
It will take some time as they are understaffed and overloaded with case files.

Chrisw6 -

How come your status is showing up on the web?

I thought once, you have been scheduled for FP(fingerprints), ur status doesn't show up on the web... it goes to the local bcis/uscis office.

I think ur correct, ur FP have expired and now TSC will have to schedule u again for a FP appt at the charlotte office...maybe cuz of this reason ur status is still showing up on the web!

Did ur clearance came through before ur FP expired? Or u don't know even if they came through...

My clearance and checks came through in oct... had my interview in July... but even after the clearance nothing from uscis... :(

Thank you PhillyDude...

Chrisw6 did you ever got ur security clearance in the one year period after the interview?

Thanks for sharing ur experience!

Security

As far as I know my secutiry clearance came through after my Finger prints and before my interview.

My examiner said there was noting outstanding. Can they be trusted to be honest?

I have the 'you have passed the civics etc letter.
But a decision canot be made at this time.'

I have now asked for my 3rd status report from BCIS hotline number without any responce. I did however move to Orlando Fl in Jan 2003. Yes, I have a copy of the BCIS showing they received my new address change form etc.
Still waiting....
Congressman was R Burr. His office stated it could be 6-18 months after interview. Charlotte is understaffed and really backed up with N400. That was in November 2002.
Now i'm hearing that TCS might not have moved my case to Orlando yet.
Mail is forwarded from NC so I know there has not been a oath letter sent as yet.

Security Clearance

Folks,

I sent in my N-400 application in May 2003 and got the fingerprinting done in Aug 2003 at Charlotte, NC. I see from some of the posts about security clearance. Is this a letter that I should get in this process ? Can anyone throw some light on this ??

Thanks.