Changing jobs while I-140 NIW pending

dnastar

Registered Users (C)
Folks

Can people clarify this issue (I am sure the answers are hidden somewhere in another thread).

I applied for NIW (EB2) concurrently last month and both my i140 and i485 are pending. I applied as a medical scientist however proposing that my research is national in interest (which it is). I am a faculty member at a medical school.

If I change jobs to another school or move to industry will my I140 and i485 still be valid?

I think, as long as you work in the same research area, your petition is valid. That is true for E11. I think NIW is the same as it is a self-petition.

yes as long as your primary job is in the same national interest area.. but you can do secondary parttime jobs using your EAD.... ofcourse you have to lose your H1 status in that scenario

Once you applied for I-485 you have to wait 180 days to change your job. Be sure that your job title and description are very similar to the current one. The officer may have a problem with a job at the university versus industry. That will be for sure a question in the interview.