Changing employer on TN

maverick2k4

Hi Experts,

I'm currently working on TN visa for company A (Valid till Feb 2019)

I've got another job offer for company B.

I will switch to part-time job for company A once I get the TN for company B.

I got my previous TN at Highgate Springs crossing. Does it matter that I go to same border crossing? (Since I want to keep the TN visa for job A)

Thanks!

So, you are not really "changing employers" as the subject line indicates. You are adding a second employer.
Doesn't matter where you go. But you do need to specify to the officer that you are getting a SECOND TN, or they may cancel your first one.
Might be a good idea to take along proof that you are still working for #1, like your recent paystub or badge.

Hi Nelsona,

So I went to Michigan border yesterday. I requested the issuance of second TN visa. Officer said this is something that he never heard before...

Then he had a look at the job offer letter and started looking at my transcripts and then asked for evaluation.

He said my evaluation included my professional experience to determine my eligibility which was wrong. He then canceled my current TN visa and issued me I-94 with B1 (Limited stay) of one month.

I'm meeting the legal guy at the new work and they will review it.

Can you tell me if it's possible to apply for TN for me while i'm on B1 in US (Using i-129) or I need to leave the country and apply TN again?

Thanks!

You can indeed apply for TN with I-129 while on B1 or B2. (B1 is for business, so this guy didn't even do that right).

This guy was a complete a-hole. On what basis did he cancel your current TN? You should not have accepted this without talking to a supervisor. So many wrong things from your description, that he obviously was poorly trained -- or simply an idiot, or vengeful that his mouth-breathing nephew can't get a job.

Company's attorney is advising me so we will see what happens...

I have one question. On my passport, officer wrote revoked on TN visa stamp. Will it cause any problems if I go to border again and apply for TN visa with new evaluation?

Thanks!

You will be under scrutiny. Can I ask what an "evaluation" is, since nothing like that is needed for TN, other than an evaluation of a foreign (non-North American) degree, which must be done by a recognized eval company?

Don't know what kind of evaluation you had done before, but it was bogus if it didn't look only at your degree.

Yes my degree is not from north America.

It's 4 year diploma in computer engineering. Evaluation included experience as well.

Experience never counts in TN, unless you have a 2-year North American diploma, and your TN category allows you to make it up with experience. And experience is documented with letters from former bosses, coworkers and.or clients, and these are evaluated by the border official, not some firms assessment.
The firm that made your initial evaluation should have only considered your degree, and should reimburse you.