Changing Employer and Existing GC Process

Need more assistance

Ginnu
Thanks for your response
If i join another employer, can i still do this same thing with another employer filing my new I140 in EB2 and i continue older priority date?

What should be the job description for new file? Same or different?

I heard same employer cannot file labor again with same job descripton?

I submited the i140 concurrent with i485 in jun 15 , 06; my husband has 2 jobs, company "a" still supporting , he started to work with company "b" in jul. 06 and they are interesting to invoke ac21 he doesnt have w-2 of 2006 for the company "A" but he has the w-2 for the company "B", when ac21 work...? do we need to wait for the 180 days and then work for the new job?

Hi Guys.

Can anyone share their expert views on this scenario.

Have approved I-140 (current PD) from employer A (never worked with). Work withemployer B in a different state. Now can employer A apply for I-485 and after it is pending for 6 months, invoke AC21 to continue the GC process while still with employer B ?

Also is it possible to have 2 separate I-485 filed from different employers. Guess not ?

Thank You

Hi Guys.

Can anyone share their expert views on this scenario.

Have approved I-140 (current PD) from employer A (never worked with). Work withemployer B in a different state. Now can employer A apply for I-485 and after it is pending for 6 months, invoke AC21 to continue the GC process while still with employer B ?
-----------YES
Also is it possible to have 2 separate I-485 filed from different employers. Guess not ?
---------------------I-485 is NOT employer Petition it is filed by YOU, one can file second I-485 and if you file second I-485 then write your A# on I-485 form
Thank You
---------------

---------------

ginnu:

I am curious as to how AC21 is interpreted. You say that it is possible to use AC21 for employer B, even if one has not worked with employer A . I thought AC21 is essentially an instrument to change jobs without hampering the GC process. In this case since one is not 'really switching jobs' how is this possible or interpreted?

Thank you.

AC21 Question for the gurus

I filed I-485 and I140 concurently on the one pre approved labor in july 2005. I got I140 Approved. The laobr were of category future employment category (thats what lawyer told me ) I worked for one of their sister companies for 2 years as deal and recently started working for another company with out using AC21. Now he is asking me to come back or he will revoke my I140 and I485, Is there any solution to this problem.

As I already mention he is saying as the job is for future employment category he can go anytime and say that he dont want to process these GC anymore?

Thanks

AC21 portablity

Hi Immigration Experts,

I need your advice. My priority date is current and can apply for i485 in June :)

1) Once they file my i485/EAD/AP say by Jun 15th, i should be able to change jobs after Dec 15th using the AC21 act?

2) What happens if they file i485/EAD/AP by june 15th, but my position is eliminated by August or September. In that case it is not yet 180 days to invoke AC21. Is that correct? What should be done in this case?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Regards,
Kaushik

AC21 during layoff

Hi Immigration Experts,

Any advice would be of great help.

If my company files i485/EAD/AP and after 3 months i get laid off and it is not yet over 180 days to use AC21. What should be done in this case?

Regards,
Kaushik