Changing address between Interview and Receiving GC?

shinkansen

Registered Users (C)
My interview is on July 26 and my current apartment lease ends at the end of July.. so chances are I'll be moving to a new address between my interview date and receiving the GC. Is this going to create a problem? If I setup USPS mail forwarding, is the GC going to go to my new address or do USCIS not allow their mail to be forwarded? Do I just file an AR-11 and call USCIS at some number to notify them of the change of mailing address? Thanks.

I made an infopass to change my address. They had me fill in the form and put it in my file and last time I talked to the interview officer, he made sure that he's got it and stated my new address on the letter saying that I have been granted for conditional permanent resident.

I should have changed my address online earlier just like PRAETORIANXI said above. I just did..not sure if it's too late cos welcome notice and everything has benn mail, it's been a week and I have not received them yet.

Oh the reason I made an infopass because there was one thread a guy saying that he made the change of address online and called customer service but still, everything still sent to his old address.

This scares me..but we will see.

Will your mail get forwarded by USPS

I am renting out my place on 7/1 and moving into another house.

I am thinking of not doing any change of address with USCIS till my interview on 7/13.

Options:-
1. Ask USPS to forward the mail to new address. Will they forward USCIS mail?

2. Pick up my mail from the tenant and change my address with USCIS, on the Interview Date.

3. Ask USPS to hold my mail from 1st to 13th and change my address with USCIS, on the Interview Date.

What will work best.

Thanks.

My interview is on July 26 and my current apartment lease ends at the end of July.. so chances are I'll be moving to a new address between my interview date and receiving the GC. Is this going to create a problem? If I setup USPS mail forwarding, is the GC going to go to my new address or do USCIS not allow their mail to be forwarded? Do I just file an AR-11 and call USCIS at some number to notify them of the change of mailing address? Thanks.

I am in a similar situation, and might just go back and fetch my mail at the old address. Just ask who ever lives there (land lord etc to hold it for you).

The safer thing is to re-direct your mail at the USPS website for a $1. And all the mail from the date you specify gets diverted.

Question is " Does USPS re-direct USCIS mail"

Question is " Does USPS re-direct USCIS mail" or just return it back to USCIS ?

I heard about that re-direct mail too but don't know how it works :(

From the thread I read before, USCIS sent it to his old address and a few days after that it was sent back to USCIS and then he got an email update saying that the mail was sent back blah blah blah. I mean he already changed his address and everything but still..

I will go down to the post office tomorrow see what they can do.

Question is " Does USPS re-direct USCIS mail" or just return it back to USCIS ?

They re-direct mail. Everytime they come across your name and address they print a new address on a yellow sticker and paste that on the envelope and thats where the mail get re-directed to. That goes on for 90 days. Detail on www.usps.com

Everytime I change addresses I do that, and have lived in three addresses in the past 5 yrs.