Change of status from B1 to F1

ethan.73

Hi,

I would be visiting USA on B1 visa and I intend to do my master, which basically mean that I want to apply for COS from B1 to F1. I don't know how and when to initiate the process and I have few question about the same.

1. Do have to disclose that my purpose of entry is to do my masters ? (many of them say its not required since I'm on B1)
2. If I have to start the process when can I start it once I enter USA ? (As per my knowledge after going through many websites it says 45 days after entering USA).
3. Since this is my First visit on B1 is it appropriate for me to go for COS ?
4. If I get COS done successfully, how long can I stay in USA ?
5. what are the chances of getting COS done successfully from B1 to F1 ?

I would really appreciate if any one could help me answer this questions with precision.
Thanks you..

Regards
Ethan

If you have already secured admission, just apply for an F-1 visa and then enter the US.

Hi,

I would be visiting USA on B1 visa and I intend to do my master, which basically mean that I want to apply for COS from B1 to F1. I don't know how and when to initiate the process and I have few question about the same.

1. Do have to disclose that my purpose of entry is to do my masters ? (many of them say its not required since I'm on B1)
2. If I have to start the process when can I start it once I enter USA ? (As per my knowledge after going through many websites it says 45 days after entering USA).
3. Since this is my First visit on B1 is it appropriate for me to go for COS ?
4. If I get COS done successfully, how long can I stay in USA ?
5. what are the chances of getting COS done successfully from B1 to F1 ?

I would really appreciate if any one could help me answer this questions with precision.
Thanks you..

Regards
Ethan

In that case, make sure you announce your intentions at the POE. The officer should annotate your I-94 accordindly. Bear in mind, not all officers may entertain your request. Worst case, you may be denined entry.

I dont have an I-20, thats y I was asking u about it.

what if i don't do that I mean if i dont tell my intension cany I apply for change of status. and with out that annotation cant I apply for F1.

I don't have an I-20 with me right now but I can get the admission once I reach US. Alrigth Can you please tell me with out the annotation cant I apply for COS.

The process of gaining entry into a reputable US university is not as easy as you seem to think it is. You do not seem to understand that there are limited opportunities for study and just telling a university you want to attend will not make it happen.

Apply while you are in you home country and enter with proper stamping after have gained admittance and the proper paperwork.