Change of spouse name after filing 140 & 485 concurrently.

sakela

Registered Users (C)
Change of spouse name after filing 140 & 485 concurrently.

I have typical situation here friends. Due to troubled marriage I may need to change wife’s name in 485. (my 485 is already in process ). What can be done? Any suggestions?

Please help,

I think, because divorce, your ex-wife's I485 petition will be invalid automatically if you are principal. Can't just change the name. Need file a new full I485 petition for your current wife, including divorce certificate, new marriage certificate, and a cover letter explain you current situation. It's just my 2 cents.

“blackbird2000” is correct. Write the cover letter, send the divorce certificate, file the new I-485 of new wife and request that it should be attached to your pending I-485 file. Attach your I-485 receipt and also send the I-485 receipt of your ex-wife and write on that I-485 receipt that you are WITDRWING this particular I-485 and provide the A# and full name, DOB of your ex-wife in the cover letter that is to be withdrawn. Send this letter with new I-485 filing of your new wife

Thank you Gurus,

I have one more question, hope you will help.

If I get married again and want to bring her here on H4, then how should we apply for her H4 in India?
My current wife’s name is there on my passport will that be a problem? I am sure we should attach divorce and marriage certificate along with H4 application, any other documents I might need?

Thanks again