Change of Schools before starting semester....

McGoo

Registered Users (C)
I was in the US with a H1B visa. I lost my job and found a certificate program, I applied, and they are processing my conversion from H1B to F1. I don\'t have the I20 yet.
But now I am being accepted by another college which I would prefer to atend to.
I know I will not hear from the INS until February. What should I do?

What can happen if the new COllege applies for the change of status while the first change of status is still in process?

Is there anything like concurrent application?

hi

Hi,
My case is similar to yours and I am looking for the same answer. I came on J1 training and plan to join a univ in Jan and apply for change of status of J1 to F1. Then, I plan to change to another univ in Fall. It might be that I may not hear from DOC till then. So can I change univ while change of status is pending?

Did you get the answers to your query u posted? If u did, please let me know as it will help me.
Thanks

No Title

Hi,

The University that you plan to attend should be able to help. Talk to the Foreign Student Advisor. Also if you have teh receipt number of your first F1 application, send a cancellation request to INS but make sure that you indicate the details correctly. Have the University help you file a new F1

My two cents

No Title

What I can tell you is my friend was able to change school before his first semester in the US.
You just need to talk to the foreign students advisors in both schools.

University doesn\'t recommend to do that

I am in trouble ! ! !
I talked to the University\'s (College B) Interntional Students Advisor and they qare saying that they cannot transfer my request since I I have not actually started the programn at the Certificate program at the Community College.
And they also say that they cannot apply for a change of status because to do that you have to be in - status, and I was out-of-status when I lost my job, even if I changed it for F-1 at College A.(which approval will take 120-180 days...)

Please let me know what would you do.

THANKS!