change of address

Haresh Keswani

Registered Users (C)
All:

My oath date is Feb 23 in KS. I still have an appartment in KS. I have moved to NJ and have started renting (temp living and cannot use this address)appartment in NJ. Is it ok if I can give my friend's address in KS. What are pros and cons of it. I'm basically trying to get rid of ks appartment since I have to pay rent for both of them.

Any suggestions/advise.

Pls let me know.

Thanks,
Haresh

Haresh Keswani said:
All:

My oath date is Feb 23 in KS. I still have an appartment in KS. I have moved to NJ and have started renting (temp living and cannot use this address)appartment in NJ. Is it ok if I can give my friend's address in KS. What are pros and cons of it. I'm basically trying to get rid of ks appartment since I have to pay rent for both of them.
Haresh

If I were you, I would try to keep the KS address till oath, to keep things simple and timely. That would also mean same address on drivers license.

Since you've already had your interview, my inclination would be to change nothing. As far as I recall, you will not be required to show your license again during the oath ceremony (only the N-445 and your GC), so you shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks

Thanks for both of your replies. I agree in principle.

Quick Question - Can I apply for passport from my new location NJ - pls let me know, or do I have to apply that from Kansas as well ?

Any help on this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Haresh

Haresh Keswani said:

Quick Question - Can I apply for passport from my new location NJ - pls let me know, or do I have to apply that from Kansas as well ?
Haresh

Passport has nothing to do with N-400 Service Center. You can apply for it anywhere regardless of the where your N-400 got processed.

Haresh Keswani said:

Any help on this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Haresh
My advice is pretty much the same. Keep your current address in Kansas. Do this till your oath is done. Unfortunately you will have to pay rent at two places.

Apply for your NJ license after your oath.

For your passport you can apply from any post office which processes Passport Applications in NJ.