Change of address

pwd2005

Registered Users (C)
Do I have to report to USCIS if I changed my home address within the same town? GC was received in April.
Thanks!

Download form AR-11 from uscis.gov website, fill it out and send it in. Better to keep a copy and send it by certified mail, though that is not required.

If you have a case pending and are expecting communication from USCIS...AR-11 will not change the address for those cases. You have to change the address for each case by writing letters or calling the 800 number.

harvydonald said:
Download form AR-11 from uscis.gov website, fill it out and send it in. Better to keep a copy and send it by certified mail, though that is not required.

If you have a case pending and are expecting communication from USCIS...AR-11 will not change the address for those cases. You have to change the address for each case by writing letters or calling the 800 number.

Thank you harvydonald!

What about my wife and a child? Should I file for them separate AR-11 forms? They also have Green Cards.

pwd2005 said:
Do I have to report to USCIS if I changed my home address within the same town? GC was received in April.
Thanks!

Don't forget to notify USPS(post office) of your change of address so they can forward your mail. :) Also call USCIS if you have pending cases.

suldado said:
Don't forget to notify USPS(post office) of your change of address so they can forward your mail. :) Also call USCIS if you have pending cases.
This is done already! And fortunately we don't have pending cases anymore. The life is much more relaxed now when we are perm. residents :D

One more question. What would be my 'Copy Number From Alien Card' in the form AR-11? Is it a number on my Green Card or a number from my I-94?

Also, do I need that I-94 or I can throw it away?