Change of Address, Security Check

pbkreddy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Updated the Change of address 1-800 number 10 days back and I was told to recieve a letter from USCIS. Letter as follows

Type of Service requested: CHANGE OF ADDRESS

Contents says Processing of your application has been delayed due to lack of manpower to complete the routine security checks in a timely manner. we have no control over how long this checks will take.

Is it some standard message with all letters or they really mean it.

Did any of you get this kind of letters from USCIS?

Is it possible to say from this contents if USCIS sent Name chack request to FBI?

Please share ur exp.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Change of Address

Yes, we got the same type of letter. I was suprised to see the response because in the past we didn't get any feedback regarding change of address.

Change of address.

Will2003,

Does your letter also has the following?

Contents says Processing of your application has been delayed due to lack of manpower to complete the routine security checks in a timely manner. we have no control over how long this checks will take.

What does it mean? Name check request not sent to FBI? Or Sent, still pending? Do you able to make out?

Any One??

Thanks
Bala

it means that your process is stuck with the FBI for name check/security check....this is very very interesting...
because as per your signature your filing date is June 2004 and we are not even in June 2004 processing right now..more like May 2004...
so it is amazing that they are responding to cases where the date has not even crossed the official processing date...!

i think there is more than name check even though name check is completed from FBI there may be another check. my name check is completed in jan 5th of 2003 till now i didn't receive any approval( mine is jan 2002 case yes jan 2002 case) because internal security check is pensing . no one knows what it is even my senator office couldn't help on that.

dogbert99,

Please note that I have n't requested for status. I have updated the address with USCIS for 485. They sent me a letter with title: CHANGE OF ADDRESS and the contents says "lack of man power for security check case has been delayed .. etc"

Thanks

i guess uscis simply screwed up the contents. it just happens ...

u know a person can also be confused

I did an address change on Apr 25 and got a letter last week, it just said address change applied and nothing else, I don't know what that means, when different people get different messages. Does anybody have any insights into what these messages mean.

Thanks,
PD 4/10/2002 IND EB3
140/485/EAD/AP ND 10/28/03
140 AD 6/14/04