Change job after filing I-1485 less than 180 days

suhass

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My priority date has become current and I have become eligible to file for I-485. My I-140 is already approved. I am preparing the papers to file for I-485. Meanwhile a new job offer has come my way, which I am considering seriously. They are ready to start GC processing for me as soon as I start working with them.

My question is if I file for I-485 and then take the new job, will I be able to use the current approved I-140 to port the priority date when I start the GC process with the new company?

I know that I can wait for 6 months and then change jobs using EAD/AC21 but the company that is offering me a job is not willing to wait for 6 months.

I'd appreciate any advice in this matter.

Thanks

Urgent: Start new job with in 180 days

I am in a similar situation. I have EAD and it has been less than 180 days since my I-485 was filed.

Another company has meanwhile offered me a very good job.

Is it okay to be on vacation for last 4-5 weeks (of 180 days) with the sponsoring employer and join the new company?

Once 180 days are over, apply AC21.

Since I plan on being on vacation, I am not leaving the employer until 180 days are over.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

My priority date has become current and I have become eligible to file for I-485. My I-140 is already approved. I am preparing the papers to file for I-485.
--------file the I-485 EAD AP
Meanwhile a new job offer has come my way, which I am considering seriously.
They are ready to start GC processing for me as soon as I start working with them.
-it may take 4-5 months to file them LC, dont take risk at this time
My question is if I file for I-485 and then take the new job, will I be able to use the current approved I-140 to port the priority date when I start the GC process with the new company?
----------------one can port the early PD if I-140 is approved
I know that I can wait for 6 months and then change jobs using EAD/AC21 but the company that is offering me a job is not willing to wait for 6 months.
---------------File I-485 and stick with present employer for 180 days after I-485 RD, nobody at this time can predict how the immigrations law is going to change in 2-3 months better don’t take risk

Thanks
-----------

Originally Posted by suhass
Hi,

My priority date has become current and I have become eligible to file for I-485. My I-140 is already approved. I am preparing the papers to file for I-485.
--------file the I-485 EAD AP
Meanwhile a new job offer has come my way, which I am considering seriously.
They are ready to start GC processing for me as soon as I start working with them.
-it may take 4-5 months to file them LC, dont take risk at this time
----------------one can port the early PD if I-140 is approved
---------------File I-485 and stick with present employer for 180 days after I-485 RD, nobody at this time can predict how the immigrations law is going to change in 2-3 months better don’t take risk

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

When changing jobs based on EAD (using AC21) does the job description has to match exactly? Does it matter if the job description filed with labor has a certain language skills requirement, say like C++, COM/ATL and the new job states something like C#, SQL. I have acquired the C#/SQL skills while working for the current employer who has filed the GC. In such case can I change job using AC21? The title for the GC is Software Engineer and the title at the new job is Sr. Software Engineer or Lead Software Engineer. Does this matter?

Are there any folks out there who have any experience in job change using EAD/AC21 and had different job descriptions and/or titles? It'll be nice if you could share your experiences.

Hi, I am in same situation but the difference is that my job ends in 5th month. I have no choice but to join another company. I am thinking of going ahead and join 2nd company and file for AC21 when 6 months are up.
My idea is that - AC21 needs only new company details. I can get away with this if there is no RFE. What do you think of this?

Thanks for the reply.

When changing jobs based on EAD (using AC21) does the job description has to match exactly? Does it matter if the job description filed with labor has a certain language skills requirement, say like C++, COM/ATL and the new job states something like C#, SQL. I have acquired the C#/SQL skills while working for the current employer who has filed the GC. In such case can I change job using AC21? The title for the GC is Software Engineer and the title at the new job is Sr. Software Engineer or Lead Software Engineer. Does this matter?

Are there any folks out there who have any experience in job change using EAD/AC21 and had different job descriptions and/or titles? It'll be nice if you could share your experiences.

Thanks for the reply.

-------------------------when you send AC21 request to USCIS the New employer letter should have same/similar job duties as on approved LC they should match 80% they care about job duties more.

----------------------------