• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

change in marital status

ivston

Registered Users (C)
There is high probability (is she says "yes" of course) that I might change my marital status until the end of this year. I have sent the forms to KCC as "single".

My questions are:
Should I notify KCC for change in marital status in case that the marriage happens after I have been scheduled for an interview, but before the interview. At this time KCC will already has sent the case to the US embassy in my country. Shouldn't I just notidy the embassy, or both KCC and the embassy?
If I notify the KCC about the change in my marital status and send the appropriate documents for my wife, would this mean that my case has to be processed once again? Given the fact that it takes a lot of time for them to process a case, could this slow down the process or stumble it? (Not to be scheduled for an interview when my number is current or being scheduled, but without my wife - i.e. as single).
Do I have to fill out the DS-230 once again, given the fact that I will send a notification letter for change in marital status?

Hi,
If you get married before your number becomes current, then you should send updated forms for yourself and forms for your spouse. Also enclose a copy of the marriage certificate.
If you get married after KCC has sent you the 2nd package ( but before the true interview ), then you should contact the mebassy directly.
If you get married after your intervierw, I'm almost sure your wife could not get the GC through the Lottery through you.

Re

Thank you for your answer. I know some people, who have indeed married after the interview of the petitioner (in which he/she obtained green card as single). In the embassy, everyone is asked of whether he/she intends to marry in the next six months. If the answer is "yes", then he/she is given documents for the wife/husband and is given instructions. After the marriage there is a second interview for both spouces (as the fee is paid for only one of them). If they are approved, then the orriginal visa of the petitioner is canceled and a new one is issued with the same dealine for entering the US as the original one (6 months after the first interview).
I don't know about other countries, but I do know several instances for couples within my country.

Can someone help me with a cover letter for marital status change? I will have to send one to KCC together with my paperwork and my future wife's paperwork in order to let them know of my marital status change ( i was single when I sent the first set of papers and I got married now).
Thanks