Change from Consular processing to AOS

lbankol

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year. Just a simple question. I would like to know if there is anything i should do to what i have already done. I just became a USC and filled I-130 for my spouse as a green card holder years ago. I choosed consular processing then because she was out of the US then. I-130 has now been approved. Now she is now here with me on a visitors visa(overstayed) and since am now a USC i have filled I-485, I-765 and others with USCIS(chicago Lock Box). I have also informed NVC via mail of my change in status(mailed my Naturalization Certificate and copy of approved I-130 notice) and also informed them that i would be changing from consular processing to AOS.

I was just hoping that i have done everything correctly since i didn't get any notice from USCIS and the check i submitted has not been paid. Its been over 12 days since i applied.

Any response will be appreciated.

12 days is really too short of a period to expect an answer from USCIS. Come back if you don't have a receipt after four weeks.

mailed my Naturalization Certificate

I hope you mailed a copy, and not the original. :)

Other than that - I think you did everything right.

Ibankol,
The B-2 visa that your wife made her last entry on, was it acquired before you sent in her I-130? If it was acquired after you submitted her I-130, what did she put down for the part where it asks "if an immigrant petition has ever been filed on your behalf"? Did she mention your presence in the US on the same form? How she answered these two questions may come up in her AOS interview.

lbankol said:
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year. Just a simple question. I would like to know if there is anything i should do to what i have already done. I just became a USC and filled I-130 for my spouse as a green card holder years ago. I choosed consular processing then because she was out of the US then. I-130 has now been approved. Now she is now here with me on a visitors visa(overstayed) and since am now a USC i have filled I-485, I-765 and others with USCIS(chicago Lock Box). I have also informed NVC via mail of my change in status(mailed my Naturalization Certificate and copy of approved I-130 notice) and also informed them that i would be changing from consular processing to AOS.

I was just hoping that i have done everything correctly since i didn't get any notice from USCIS and the check i submitted has not been paid. Its been over 12 days since i applied.

Any response will be appreciated.

Triple Citizen said:
Ibankol,
The B-2 visa that your wife made her last entry on, was it acquired before you sent in her I-130? If it was acquired after you submitted her I-130, what did she put down for the part where it asks "if an immigrant petition has ever been filed on your behalf"? Did she mention your presence in the US on the same form? How she answered these two questions may come up in her AOS interview.

The B-2(multiple visa) was acquired before i sent in the I-130. We were not even married when she got the B-2 Visa. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
LucyMO said:
12 days is really too short of a period to expect an answer from USCIS. Come back if you don't have a receipt after four weeks.

I hope you mailed a copy, and not the original. :)

Other than that - I think you did everything right.

Yeah right i sent in the originals :eek: I have my originals with the passport department.

At least i should have received a receipt notice going by the timeline have seen on this forum. I guess because of the holidays.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: