• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Certified/Notarized Documents

alexvaneroucky

Registered Users (C)
Hi, all the documents that we have to present at the interview have to be notarized or certified, is that the same??

I have all my documents with the seal of my goverment and they are originals, do I need to take them to a notary to notarize them???

Are they ok if the are originals with goverment stamps and everything??

Thanks

Notary Public does not have any job on original certificates or translation of a certificate (technically which is also an "original" ) done by some other authority. Notary public can notarise a photocopy as a true copy if that is required at all (or any oath of confession). Notary Public can also help do the translation which is acceptable as well.

If required in extreme cases, the Foreign Ministry of the certificate issuing country can "Verify" (not notarise) the originals - that is an international procedure sometimes required in other cases. However, US Embassy may not actually required such verification. You should ask your Embassy if they really ask for that or not. Most of the US Embassies do not ask for that.

Photocopy of each original as also required for CP interview need not to be notarised/ceritified true copy - simple photocopies are intended.

My 2nd package stated that I should bring Certified Marriage Certificate and Certified Police Certificate. But US Embassy Kuala Lumpur quickly confirmed that they meant only the original - not verified/certified (?).

Good luck everybody. Please pray for me. My interview is next week.

-dreamer

Last edited by a moderator:
notary public

The embassy discourages giving notarized copies, if you have the original certificates, notary is not at all required. the Visa Assistant simply threw away the notarized copies.