CCA / INA 320 - Applying for U.S. Passport (London Embassy)

nomorebigideas

Hello,

I believe my partner (herein known as HK) qualified for U.S. Citizenship under CCA / INA 320.

HK is a Czech National who has lived in the US since 1989. She is currently staying with me in the UK and has been out of the US for less than 6 months.

We'd like to apply for her first U.S. Passport at the U.S. Embassy in London. In order to do so, she must prove that she qualified for U.S. Citizenship in accordance with CCA /INA 320.

I'd like to know if the follow documents will be acceptable (in general) and whether we need any additional documentation:

- Original Czech Birth Certificate, translated into English by an unrelated 3rd party (will the translation need to be notarised?)
- Naturalised Father's current U.S. Passport
- Nevada High School Transcripts (proving U.S. residency as a minor)
- Alien / Lawful Permanent Resident Card(s) from initial entry into the U.S. to the present day

I have contacted the U.S. Embassy in London, but they are currently non-responsive.

HK has also called the USCIS Call Center and been informed that she is edible (under CCA / INA 320) to apply for a U.S. Passport, although no further details were given at the time.

I would be extremely grateful for any advice as the U.S. Embassy in London provide no contact telephone number and have not responded via email.

Regards,

J.

You didn't mention any ages. She needs to have been under 18 on February 27, 2001 (the effective date of CCA) to have become a citizen under INA 320. If she is a citizen, then she should simply go through the same process for applying for a U.S. passport as other U.S. citizens on the U.K.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, she was under 18 on February 27th 2001. I am happy she qualified to become a U.S. Citizen on the effective date of CCA.

My current problem is that her father's first U.S. Passport application was in 2013. He has since lost his Certificate of Naturalisation. Therefore, proving that she became a U.S. Citizen in accordance to the effective date of CCA (INA 320) will be difficult.

She has or will have all the other relevant details / requested information.

The U.S. Embassy in London provide little to no support for CCA and U.S. Passport application. It is very frustrating.

I don't think her father's passport will be enough. The passport does not say the date that he became a citizen. (Perhaps they can look up information from his passport application? I dunno.) He can apply for a replacement certificate with N-565, but that will take a while. Is there any other way to prove he was a citizen when she was under 18?

And herin lies the problem.

The US Embassy in London has a page dedicated to those applying for a US Passport for those who derived citizenship, but it is geared towards those who were born to US Citizen Parents, rather than those derived it through CCA.

We a stumped as to what is required and the lack of available information or indeed a contact number is boarding on ridiculous.

Applying for her own Certificate of Citizenship is costly and not required, and applying for a replacement Certificate of Naturalisation is equally expensive!