CBP does not keep exit/entry records for land crossings?

They said no such thing. They only said they do not have "complete" records, which makes sense.
from their website via the link above
"If you are a legal permanent resident and crossed at a land border, it is unlikely that we would have a record of your travels."

Last edited by a moderator:
from their website via the link above

Again, they say "unlikely", which is different. Every time I've crossed at a land border, they've swiped my card (on each side) and I suspect they have a record. Your experience may be different, hence the incomplete records.

But it's a stretch to go from that to "CBP doesn't record land crossings".

Again, they say "unlikely", which is different. Every time I've crossed at a land border, they've swiped my card (on each side) and I suspect they have a record. Your experience may be different, hence the incomplete records.

But it's a stretch to go from that to "CBP doesn't record land crossings".

Unlikely means not likely,meaning there's a high probability that they don't keep land exit/entry records. They may swipe your card at land crossings, but it doesn't mean they keep a record of it. This makes sense as airlines and cruise lines require your passport information before you leave (which they then send to CBP). CBP doesn't swipe your card when you leave the US at a land crossing, hence no exit record for land crossings.

Last edited by a moderator: