Case transfered to local office

madasylee

Registered Users (C)
My case was transfered to the local office and an interview has been scheduled for the 28th of June. I have been told to bring I-94, Employment letter, tax returns and passport with me, but my passport expired in 2000. Do I still need to bring it with me? Can I bring the RTD instead of the passport? The RTD will expire in October.
I hope that I finally get approved !!

Congratulations. That means your case will be approved soon!

Take everything they asked and more. They don't care if your passport has expired or not so take it with you. Take your RTD as well, just in case they want to look at it.

In addition, take your birth certificate (with translation if necessary.) If you do a search on this forum regarding local office interviews, you will get a list of other things you should take with you (even if they didn't ask). Sometimes they don't ask you in the appointment letter, but they might ask you to show them certain documents. The more prepared you are, the better chance you have of getting approved soon if not the same day. Good luck!

I had the same interview on 03/29/07 and i brought everything i had with me.
Everything went well except my name check wasn't cleared yet. I wish you luck but be prepared for that one.

My case transferred to local office 4 months ago and the interview have not been scheduled yet. Good for you.

Good luck

congratulations

My case was transfered to the local office and an interview has been scheduled for the 28th of June. I have been told to bring I-94, Employment letter, tax returns and passport with me, but my passport expired in 2000. Do I still need to bring it with me? Can I bring the RTD instead of the passport? The RTD will expire in October.
I hope that I finally get approved !!

you will be approved on jun 28, they will stamp your passport or RTD with approval stamp,

you will get your plastic card by mail within 3 weeks after the approval,

dont worry about expired passort or RTD, they want only to see it just for
identification purposes, it just routine

good luck to you and congratulation

ND : FEB 2001
FP : MAY 2004
BIO : AUG 3 2005
APPROVED : AUG 17 2005

Everything is pretty much said already. I'd only add about the passport - it's not a problem, that it's expired, only after approval they will not stamp your passport at your infopass appointment, but will issue you a temporary I-551. If you will get that temp. I-551, make sure you'll take a photo with you as they will need it.

As I said already, my case transferred to local office 4 months ago, should I make InfoPass? or they send a letter for interview?