• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Case transfer request to another US Consulate

dis66

Registered Users (C)
Hi people. I am dealing with a very weird situation here. KCC has assigned my green card interview to my country of birth and NOT to the country I reside for more than 25 years. I don't have any connection to my country of birth since I left this country immediately after my birth. In addition I am not citizen to my country of birth. I called KCC and they cannot do anything about it.
For obvious reasons I like my interview to take place at my country of residence. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Just go in country of birth and finish process there.

Sure but why paying so much extra money for lodging and traveling.
In addition the majority of my civil docs are from the country of residence.
So not only I have to spent $$$ to translate them
but also the other consulate will not be familiar with these docs.

you need to do that because your birth country is primary!! So if they told you to do so...just go and do that :)

Hi people. I am dealing with a very weird situation here. KCC has assigned my green card interview to my country of birth and NOT to the country I reside for more than 25 years. I don't have any connection to my country of birth since I left this country immediately after my birth. In addition I am not citizen to my country of birth. I called KCC and they cannot do anything about it.
For obvious reasons I like my interview to take place at my country of residence. What should I do? Any suggestions?

I would suggest u do whatever they ask u to do, or probably u dont want it anymore. U forgot u are not a bonifide Citizen of that Country where u Reside now and moreso, i want to bliv while filling the EDV entry Application Form, u added ur place of birth. U just av to go back to ur place of birth bro. Ur case will be treated there cos it has been computerised already and it has also been forwarded to the Consolate Office in your Country of Birth. I hope u understand. One Love!

To transfer your case from one consulate to another, complete the form below with a supporting letter indicating your reason(s) for the transfer. Send this to the American consulate in the country in which you want to transfer your case to, they will contact the other consulate where your interview have been originally scheduled to transfer your case (file). You need to follow up after sending this letter.
http://seoul.usembassy.gov/uploads/9h/U_/9hU_nuZKb4F68GxwxMwBmA/wwwfds3098.pdf

KCC schedules interview with the consular post that the applicant indicated at the time of DV entry. This information is clearly indicated on the "Confirmation Page" under field "Post". They don't automatically default to country of chargability unless there is a reason for that.

I have a feeling there is more to dis66's story to what he is saying.

This is true kunato. Thanks for clarifying. i was confused as hell as my situation is kind of similar. Imagine doing CP in the country i was born and not seen for decades!

KCC schedules interview with the consular post that the applicant indicated at the time of DV entry. This information is clearly indicated on the "Confirmation Page" under field "Post". They don't automatically default to country of chargability unless there is a reason for that.

I have a feeling there is more to dis66's story to what he is saying.

@Kunato, true talk bro!

ANY help please.
I want transfer my case from nvc to different embassy.
WHAT i need to do.is there any form should i apply.
OR what i have to do.

ANY help please.
I want transfer my case from nvc to different embassy.
WHAT i need to do.is there any form should i apply.
OR what i have to do.

If you are with NVC not KCC you are in the wrong forum, this is for DV winners only, who only deal with KCC.

If you are with NVC not KCC you are in the wrong forum, this is for DV winners only, who only deal with KCC.

Hi Susie!!! I wanted to ask some question: if hypothetically, my (so free) country decides to break diplomatic relations with USA, you know, as it did with Panama just yesterday... Can I ask for a transfer of my case to another embassy? how long can it take? I have a risky high number but if they shut down the embassy, I don't want to miss my chance...

Hi Susie!!! I wanted to ask some question: if hypothetically, my (so free) country decides to break diplomatic relations with USA, you know, as it did with Panama just yesterday... Can I ask for a transfer of my case to another embassy? how long can it take? I have a risky high number but if they shut down the embassy, I don't want to miss my chance...

Some countries are in that position and yes they then process applications in other embassies. Fingers crossed is doesn't happen, but I am sure KCC would do all they can to reschedule quickly as your country has a lot of selectees....

Some countries are in that position and yes they then process applications in other embassies. Fingers crossed is doesn't happen, but I am sure KCC would do all they can to reschedule quickly as your country has a lot of selectees....

Agree with this, although it would almost certainly mean delays.

Breaking off diplomatic relations completely with a major country is a really big move though and I would reckon unlikely to happen, especially in the near term.

Agree with this, although it would almost certainly mean delays.

Breaking off diplomatic relations completely with a major country is a really big move though and I would reckon unlikely to happen, especially in the near term.

Thank you both, guys! Well, this is a very "unpredictable" and bully government, so I wouldn't be so sure they will think about that things before doing them.

Is kcc relocate or the op asks to be relocated to a specific embassy?

I'm sooooo scared!!! :)

Thank you both, guys! Well, this is a very "unpredictable" and bully government, so I wouldn't be so sure they will think about that things before doing them.

Is kcc relocate or the op asks to be relocated to a specific embassy?

I'm sooooo scared!!! :)

KCC would relocate you I'm sure but if it happens email them and check.