Case numbers for dependents as well?

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
My EB-2 AC-I140 request reached Mumbai consulate on 01/05/2004 as per FedEX online tracking information. Hopefully, I should be hearing from them by the end of this month about denial or acceptance of the request (so far no e-mails yet).

I am the principal applicant and I have my wife and daughter as dependent (aka derivative beneficiaries).

1. If they accept AC-I140 request, will I be receiving case numbers from the consulate for myself only or for all members of the family? I have submitted DS-230 Part-I for all of us and DS-2001 for myself only.

2. Will there be individual interview-call letters for each member, or just one for the entire family?

3. Also, when they publish interview schedule on their website, do they mention case number/date for the principal applicant only or also for the dependents? Obviously, the date is the same for all, but just curious to know if everyone's case number will be listed on the web-page.

Thank you.

Jigesh

jigesh:

As long as:
1. you fall under bbay consulate jurisdiction and
2. you have provide all required documents then there is no reason for denial of you r AC I-140 case.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1. If they accept AC-I140 request, will I be receiving case numbers from the consulate for myself only or for all members of the family? I have submitted DS-230 Part-I for all of us and DS-2001 for myself only.
Answer: In about 4-5 weeks after you mail the AC I-140 packet you/ your attorney will receive an email (if provided) / by mail directly from the consulate informing that the case has been accepted and the case number is BMB2004xxxxx (xxxxx = sequential number). IF for some reason it is denied it will inform you reason for denial which like is said is rare if you meet the above 2 criteria. I am guessing you have submitted ds 230 part i for each applicant...so 1 per person...which is the way it should be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Will there be individual interview-call letters for each member, or just one for the entire family?
Answer: YEs 1 interiew letter with everyones names included starting with primary and followed by derivative names.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Also, when they publish interview schedule on their website, do they mention case number/date for the principal applicant only or also for the dependents? Obviously, the date is the same for all, but just curious to know if everyone's case number will be listed on the web-page.
Answer: There is a single case number issued per GC case...which means each family (primaryy plus derivative) will have same number which in your case will be BMB2004xxxxx.
When the dates and times are published...what you can do is get to that site, do CTRL A, CTRL C, Open WOrd, CTRL V and then search for your number and you will realize that your number will be repeated the number of times you have dependents listed n your CP interview. Example: IF there are 3 of you then your number will appear 3 times. BUT This is not on the consulate web site..on consulate web site it will be displayed only 1 time but if you copy it to word/ excell it will shows the repeats!

Couldn't wait any longer - so called the consulate yesterday, gave my first, middle and last names; and got the case number. She refused to tell me when the case was created, so can't guess when the interview would be (may be April; or wishfully/hopefully in March). No e-mail yet from them.

Just an update.

jigesh:

Thats is not unusual. In my case first time when i called to find out the case creation date @ the consulate, I was given one date and the next time i called that creation date had moved by 8 days. Not sure how that could happen!

Anyway the fact that she acknowledged receipt of it is good enough and assuming the case was created last week then you can expect the interview in April 04 (like you said slim chance of March 04).

Hi Jigesh,

Our EB2 AC140 case was forwarded to Mumbai consulate this week. I think they will receive it on Tuesday as Monday is a holiday. We are also expecting our interview date in April sometime. Can you tell me the Mumbai consulate's number so I can call them in couple of weeks to get the case number. Did you ask them if your interview will be in March or April. My guess would be that you will get the interview in March.

ash1234:

Our EB2 AC140 case was forwarded to Mumbai consulate this week.
Answer: Is yours a AC I-140 case which was applied by your attorneys? Or is it a traditional CP case that is forwarded by NVC?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can you tell me the Mumbai consulate's number so I can call them in couple of weeks to get the case number.
Answer: (22)2363-7407/7408

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If yours is a NVC forwarded case then you can expect April 04 else with AC I-140 it will more than likely be a May 04 interview.

Also in either scenario if your case is forwarded this week, although the consulate may physically receive it next week, it will take about 2 weeks for them to enter the details in the system.

So you may want to wait until 2/6 or 2/9 so that bbay consulate can provide your with details.

Originally posted by ash1234....Did you ask them if your interview will be in March or April. My guess would be that you will get the interview in March.

Sorry, didn't see your question earlier. No, I did not ask about my interview date. Most probably, my interview could be in April. Mine is an AC-I140 case and it takes a month longer than regular CP through NVC. Will keep this forum updated once I get interview date.

Best wishes,

Jigesh