Case number (?) for PCC at NYCG

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
Does Consulate General (CG) of India in NY issue/mail any case number for PCC application? Just curious - I know it takes around 45 days for the PCC at CGNY (thanks to the info from this forum).

As per USPS tracking results, they received my application on 12/21/2003 - but probably still lies in the mailing room (may be due to holidays) becasue the person I called today (Extn 0667) had no record of my application! I just hope it's not lost (it happens to me often!)

Thank you.

Jigesh

Call CGNY ask for PCC dept. Provide your name and they will provide a 3/ 4 digit reference number which you can use the next time when you follow up in about 4-5 weeks!

Call them today-tomorrow!

Thanks, KD. I called X 0667 (PCC department) and she had no record; but she said probably it might be with their mailing department/room. Will re-inquire in a few days.

Jigesh

jigesh:

I think she is right. Normally although technically fedex/ ups may have delivered your pcc application, it takes 1-2 days for CGNY to open the packet put in the system.

Call them on 1/5/04 and ask. Also remember to spell out your first and last name clearly coz they may run a search with a wrong name and the record may not get pulled up although it was entered. Example 'Kris' and 'Chris' are pronounced the same way but written differently.

Hence spell out your name!

I had my PCC done this month. NY received my docs on 10/31 but it was updated in their system on 11/07 only. I was able to validate the information only when the Cashier's check was cleared from the bank. I called around 11/15 to 212-774 0667 they had all the information I wanted. I got my PCC done on 12/05.

I hope this information is helpful for you.

This is still puzzling me.....

I got an impression from past posts on this forum that CGNY issues PCC case number for later follow ups.

However, when I called today, they asked first name, last name and told me that my and my wife's cases were accepted on 12/23/2003 and that there are no case numbers. They took my daytime phone number and told me they would call me when the status changes.

Is it a standard practice? Or may be, I am getting over-cocerned?.....

Thank you.

Jigesh

Originally posted by jigesh
This is still puzzling me.....

I got an impression from past posts on this forum that CGNY issues PCC case number for later follow ups.

However, when I called today, they asked first name, last name and told me that my and my wife's cases were accepted on 12/23/2003 and that there are no case numbers. They took my daytime phone number and told me they would call me when the status changes.

Is it a standard practice? Or may be, I am getting over-cocerned?.....

Thank you.

Jigesh

The standard practice is just apply for a PCC, wait till they call
or, call them after the specified 40 days or so.

You read about the case number only with reference to those
few cases where the candidates had very less time and who
had to follow up with Indian authorities.

So, if you are not in a rush then just wait for about 30 to 35
days and call them.

Giving of case number is not a normal practice.

Raju

jigesh:

I remember when i had applied for my pcc @cgny, I had called after a couple of days and asked for a reference number which happened to be a 3 digit number. I never made a note of that number and in fact forget it the next time i called. So what I am trying to get at is that dont worry if the lady from cgny office did not give you a case number. As raju suggested just call her in about 4-5 weeks and find out the status of you pcc.

Police Certificate for India while in USA

When applying for Police Certificate for India while in USA at Indian consulate what address is used to achieve a PCC.
My address on Passport is of Banglore, but I stayed for last 5 years in Inida (for studies and then job) in mumbai, prior to coming to US. I am in US from 5+ years.

Whats address should I use on the form for PCC, the one on passport or the one where I stated for last 5 years prior to coming to india.

Thanks
:(

Whats address should I use on the form for PCC, the one on passport or the one where I stated for last 5 years prior to coming to india.

I don't think it matters too much. I guess you should write Bangalore address if the passport was issued from RPO in Bangalore (Bombay address if the passport was issued from the RPO in Bombay). Just an opinion - don't know for sure.

gc121802:

Put your address as it appears in the your current valid passport. Frankly speaking it really doesn't matter since the pcc will not mention you address and anyway pcc is issued for the entire country (india) not for a city (bangalore/ bombay). Hence it is called an Indian PCC.

Also it may be a good idea for you to change your address in your passport at a later time to avoid any confusion!