Case approved beyond the PD

moroni

Registered Users (C)
Have anyone been approved recently with a PD greater than the current one?

I just like to confirm, if it is possible when they post the PD, it does mean they really processing that date or other months as well.

For example is the PD is June 2002, it could be they might be processing further like July 2002 or maybe August.

Following the forums; so far I haven't seen anyone being approved beyond the Priority Date.

All kind of comments are welcome !!

moroni said:

I just like to confirm, if it is possible when they post the PD, it does mean they really processing that date or other months as well.

For example is the PD is June 2002, it could be they might be processing further like July 2002 or maybe August.

Following the forums; so far I haven't seen anyone being approved beyond the Priority Date.

I doubt if there are any such approvals as much as I would love to see someone posting any such experience :rolleyes:

HaraKad said:
I doubt if there are any such approvals as much as I would love to see someone posting any such experience :rolleyes:

Being a veteran of this forum, I do know of one case where this happened. Please search the forum. The situation was something like this. The guy's PD was NOT current from OCTOBER 2005 onwards. However, he received an approval in NOVEMBER 2005 or DECEMBER 2005. He was flummoxed as everybody did because his PD was not current at that time. When he received his welcome notice and GC, he was amused to see that it had an approval date of MAY/JUNE/JULY 2005 (pretty nebulous on which month precisely it was...but am very sanguine it was one of these three months).

Alas, this amusement turned out to be a bemusement for this dear friend of this forum when he saw that his wife, who had returned back to India on her H4 (she had some dissertation to complete before joining her husband back and to file for I-485) thinking that she can come back to file her I-485 as dependent as her husband's petition is stuck in the thraldom of retrogression, was rudely disappointed to see that she cannot come back to the US because her H4 is now untenable because her husband's GC was approved with a backdated approval date.

On MAY/JUNE/JULY 2005 (whenever his notice says was approved) his PD was current. But then the sixty-four-million-dollar-question is, if he would have gotten approved on MAY/JUNE/JULY 2005, why would it take several months later for this guy to know that he is approved. Remember, none of the systems showed that this guy got approved, because his beloved wife got her H4 stamping in Madras (India) consulate on NOVEMBER 2005 (just a few days before his GC approval letter came in mail) and even traveled to the US on H4B for a week or so only to return back to India to defend her dissertation.

I am responding to this thread based on my memory. I can vouchsafe for the facts, but am pretty nebulous on the exact dates. However, the ballpark dates I have stated are close to 100% right. I wish the friend who had posted this experience reads this to adduce more.

Hope this helps.

My wife and my daugthers received their cards 09/26/06
PD 04/30/01
I140/I485 RD 07/16/04
Their priority date become current until October acording to visa bulletin.
Probably they had some visas left, who knows.
I receive mine 06/28/05. EB3 Mexico.

moroni said:

Hi moroni ,

How are you doin' ???

I'm one of the those forgoten in the black hole !!! My PD is 10/01(current since Sept. 06 ), and their PD now is 08/02 , i'm just very dissapointed with these guys !!!

I hope that you are well , we miss you around here !!!

ghebauer

poongunranar said:
Being a veteran of this forum, I do know of one case where this happened. Please search the forum. The situation was something like this. The guy's PD was NOT current from OCTOBER 2005 onwards. However, he received an approval in NOVEMBER 2005 or DECEMBER 2005. He was flummoxed as everybody did because his PD was not current at that time. When he received his welcome notice and GC, he was amused to see that it had an approval date of MAY/JUNE/JULY 2005 (pretty nebulous on which month precisely it was...but am very sanguine it was one of these three months).

Alas, this amusement turned out to be a bemusement for this dear friend of this forum when he saw that his wife, who had returned back to India on her H4 (she had some dissertation to complete before joining her husband back and to file for I-485) thinking that she can come back to file her I-485 as dependent as her husband's petition is stuck in the thraldom of retrogression, was rudely disappointed to see that she cannot come back to the US because her H4 is now untenable because her husband's GC was approved with a backdated approval date.

On MAY/JUNE/JULY 2005 (whenever his notice says was approved) his PD was current. But then the sixty-four-million-dollar-question is, if he would have gotten approved on MAY/JUNE/JULY 2005, why would it take several months later for this guy to know that he is approved. Remember, none of the systems showed that this guy got approved, because his beloved wife got her H4 stamping in Madras (India) consulate on NOVEMBER 2005 (just a few days before his GC approval letter came in mail) and even traveled to the US on H4B for a week or so only to return back to India to defend her dissertation.

I am responding to this thread based on my memory. I can vouchsafe for the facts, but am pretty nebulous on the exact dates. However, the ballpark dates I have stated are close to 100% right. I wish the friend who had posted this experience reads this to adduce more.

Hope this helps.

Are you trying to show off your english vocab or something 'coz the words are totally out of place.Not to mention the fact that it looks (and reads) funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey moron hadenuf,
Purpose is to pass the message. This is not english literature clas... so behave or go home and watch football.