Card Received with Wrong Date

1800approveme

Registered Users (C)
Just received our cards today... “Resident Since” date is misprinted as 7/2/2007 instead of 7/23/2007 :rolleyes: . My case is approved on 7/23/07. There is no problem with card expiration date (7/23/2017). Get_gc04 & others, is there a need for concern? Thanks for your help.

I think it should be no problem. I too received with exactly same data as yours. I would ask my attorney tomorrow and update here should there be any problem.
Nama:

I dont think it is an issue unless the date is really off, like for a few people their resident since date is printed as labor filing date which is a typo and needs to be corrected.
Also the way NSC is processing so many cases right now in a bulk, it very well could be that your case was approved on July 2nd but their system took like 20 days to update it....just my guess..

Btw can u update this thread so it will be helpful to others
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=259040&page=3

Just received our cards today... “Resident Since” date is misprinted as 7/2/2007 instead of 7/23/2007 :rolleyes: . My case is approved on 7/23/07. There is no problem with card expiration date (7/23/2017). Get_gc04 & others, is there a need for concern? Thanks for your help.

Mine is identical. Approved on 07/23 and the date for resident since says 07/02/2007. Guess, that was the day when they assigned a visa # to my application?

Mine is identical. Approved on 07/23 and the date for resident since says 07/02/2007. Guess, that was the day when they assigned a visa # to my application?

Yes. Thats right. 07/02/07 is the holy or lucky day. On that day they assigned visa numbers to all pending 485s. Therefore that day onwards (07/02/2007) every one become LPR. There fore the date is right and it is as per law. Therefore no need to worry about it. My card also says same thing.

Yes. Thats right. 07/02/07 is the holy or lucky day. On that day they assigned visa numbers to all pending 485s. Therefore that day onwards (07/02/2007) every one become LPR. There fore the date is right and it is as per law. Therefore no need to worry about it. My card also says same thing.

Thanks perm_lc:
We (me, my wife & son) all got our cards in today's mail with the same dates issue (instead of 7/23/07, received with effective date as 7/2/07 on all the 3 cards) I hope it's not at all a problem :)

Mee Toooo..
I think it should be ok guys..
Did anybody talk to their attorney?
PBK.

Mee Toooo..
I think it should be ok guys..
Did anybody talk to their attorney?
PBK.
Hi,
I have checked with my attorney about this dates issue i.e. 7/2/07 instead of the actual GC approval date, here is the reply from the attorney.

Those dates aren't necessarily incorrect. The date should be the exact day that the CIS officer formally adjudicated the I-485 applications, which is frequently different than the day that the I-485 approval/"welcome" notices are printed up and mailed out. Either way, though, it doesn't affect the cards or your Permanent Residence status at all. ;-)

Hope this helps :)

1800approveme ...Just Chill & Enjoy you GC. Don't worry too much...you are fine.

Kvrp, get_gc04 & others,

Thanks for posting your replies. It’s a small concern but I do not care about it anymore. Not long ago, We were worried about just receiving the approval news ;)

Same for me too...

Hi Guys,

I also received my plastic on Monday. the date appeared to be same. Let us celebrate the moment of JOY of getting our GC..

Dont worry too much.. Time to RELAX, ENJOYMENT AND SO ON ON......

Thanks guys who had responded to my issues..

I will be checking this website in near future..

Good luck for those who are going to get GC in near future...

HEARTY WELCOME TO NEW PERMANENT RESIDENTS...

Urs
VJ

Date on Permanent Resident card

same with me guys, the approval email came on 07/23, the card shows date issued 07/02. checked with friends who received GC sometime back, same case with them.

Enjoy your freedom and thanks to this forum for providing a wealth of information.