CARD received with mistake MSC

BarbaraLamb

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I finally received my Card but unfortunately with the wrong gender.
1. I need to travel end Sept.
2. Preparing to send Card back with I-90 and supporting docs.
3. USCIS give a generic 6 month waiting time but I realize it might depend on the Service Center.
Does anyone have experience of the MSC (Missouri Service Center)?
4. They told me to photocopy Card before sending it back and get a stamp from local Office (Milwaukee).

Any comment on procedure and waiting time?

Thanks

Barbara

BarbaraLamb said:
Hi everyone,
3. USCIS give a generic 6 month waiting time but I realize it might depend on the Service Center.
4. They told me to photocopy Card before sending it back and get a stamp from local Office (Milwaukee).

Thanks

Barbara
Barbara,
I applied for a I-130 and I-485 mid July and sent everything to Chicago. All my responses were MSC. I was fingerprinted in early August and interviewed and approved on August 31st. On Sept 5th they mailed my welcome note as well as my husbands approval for the I-130. He has received his letter, I have not received mine yet. I also know that that same day they sent my GC to the printer. I hope this timeline helps a little, also know that the mail system around here is not veyr good

BarbaraLamb said:
Hi everyone,

------------- you wnt yesterday to local USCIS and got the stamp. did you got again the GC with wrong gender YESTERDAY??

Thanks

Barbara

in other thread you have posted:
Hi,

Yesterday I went to my local USCIS to request a I-551 stamp. I was given a one year stamp in the I-90 category, meaning waiting for replacement card. The actual I-90 plus supporting docs is now ready to be sent.

I guess this is it...and thank you!

Barbara

************ you have got the stamp in your passport and can go out

Yes thank you, now that I have the I-511 stamp I can relax and travel without worrying about how long it takes to get a replacement card.

Barbara

what supporting document needed?

Babera, not sure if you are still visiting this forum, in case you do, would you share with me what supporting documents you filed along with your I-90 form? I got my gc a few days ago with the same error - wrong gender.

Thanks!

Babera, not sure if you are still visiting this forum, in case you do, would you share with me what supporting documents you filed along with your I-90 form? I got my gc a few days ago with the same error - wrong gender.

Thanks!

Zoelee,

See my previous post for my timeline - My green card had the wrong gender too. I filed the I-90 option D with a copy of my birthcertificate and the first page of my passport - that was all it needed.

Hope this helps

Thanks Annabor, I have a couple more quetions for you:

1) Did you send your I-90 to the service center where you filed your I-485 or the address on the letter that came with your original green card? In my case I filed my 485 to Dallas District Office, my card came from MSC at Lee's Summit, I don't know which one to send my I-90 to

2) Did you ever get a receipt for your I-90?

3) Do you mind sharing the cover letter you used if you did?