Card Received, but my name misspelled.

wolfman

Registered Users (C)
Received my card today. But as I was afraid of, my name is misspelled
on the card.

I knew it because when I received welcome letter last Saturday, I found
that my name was misspelled in the letter. I called USCIS national
customer service number and an agent helped me to send a correction
request. But I guess it was too late. Now I got a green card with a wrong name.

What can I do next? I guess I have to call USCIS again. WIll this be a simple
replacement request? Or it will be another long journey to go since I heared somebody in this forum waited about a year to get his replacement card.

I thought my long long long wait was over, but I guess I was too naive. USCIS, TSC, HOMELAND SECURITY always wants to screw my life, systematically.

I called CIS today and an agent told me I have to schedule an infopass appointment. Then bring my I90 form and other supporting material to Miami
to make the replacement

But I found I can file I90 form electronically. So which way is better? Online or make a physical appointment? ANybody has the same experience?

Wolfman,
Luck would have it that we again have the same bad luck! After we both got apprived in Miami, we both must have had the same idiot making out cards!

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=155612&highlight=curiousgeorge

You can e-file I-90 online. I just did it for my wife. The $185 fee is waived if you select that the reason is because of a USCIS error. Then you'll have to follow the instructions, and make an appointment at an ASC to get your biometrics done. I've read on the forum that although the official time is 1 year, people are getting it in 3-5 months. My lawyer told me that many of thier clients are getting cards with errors on them, and it takes about 3 months to get a new one.

Keep in touch. We're in the same boat.....again!

If you e-file, you can bring a copy of the I-485 to the ASC, and they will review it there to see that the name was correct on the application. If its wrong on the application, they'll charge you the $185 to get it fixed.

Hi, I did E-Filing my I-90 form to correct the error on my green card. Then I scheduled a ASC appointment for collecting my FP again. (what a shit is that?
Can't they just use the exisiting photo and FP I left for my 485, I also had
FP for my EAD).

I just went back logon to E-Filing account to check the status, for same reason, it triggered the form to be sent again, giving me a second receipt number.

I think I am totally srewed up with this. USCIS website warned me not to
send the application twice. What Should I do?

Received my wife's card today. Everything looks fine for her card.
Her name, DOB and A# number is correct.

But on the back of the card, I noticed the signature is mine, not hers.
Then I checked my card, it looks like my card got her signature! WHat
a shit is that?

Will she need to change her card also? Or can she just keep on using this card?

Guys, I need your help!

Because my card and my wife's card both had mistake. Basically, my
FP + signature shown on her card and vice versa.

I already applied I90 online, but the receipt says it takes about 250 days.
I wonder it could accelerate the process if I schedule a infopass appointment and talk with the officer directly? Or you think it would be the same?

Another thing is my wife is pregnant for 6 months now and we don't want to
take the risk to travel to Miami again. Is it possible for me to go to Miami myself with both card and ask them some swap the information which should already on their computer system?

Please give your opinions. I really appreciate it.

Hello Gurus.,

we got Yesterday 4 mails from INS about I 485 approval+welcome courtasy notices.
myself & spouse --> approval notices
kids >12years both --> Welcome notices.
kids LUD message saying cards ordered for them.

But my son middle name initial not printed on welcome notice.
Is it problem in future? please give advise.

thanks in advance.

Regards.,
usinsuser99

Name misspelled too

I received the my card yesterday with my name spelt incorrectly. Everything else was correct.

I never received any "welcome notice". The automated phone service kept talking about the receipt number on the welcome notice.

Finally, I spoke to a representative and she told me to go with infopass appt, two photos and a proof that it was service center error.

Anyone with suggestions as to what proof should I take. And, what is the time-frame we are talking about for replacement card?

Thanks!