Card Mailed - Just Moved

paulclarke1

Registered Users (C)
Hello all. I have not posted here in quite a while. Congrats to all recent approvees.

I just moved from Portland OR to Fargo ND with a job change in December. Isn't it always the way but according to the USCIS website my card was mailed 12/28 and I have not updated my address yet. I am assuming that the card will be returned to NSC. I was planning to mail my AR11's this week anyway, so I will send them today, and call the Customer Service line. Is there anything else I could/should do?

call your x address if they receive it, to send it to your new address, just in case if the card won't return to the USCIS.

paulclarke1 said:
Hello all. I have not posted here in quite a while. Congrats to all recent approvees.

I just moved from Portland OR to Fargo ND with a job change in December. Isn't it always the way but according to the USCIS website my card was mailed 12/28 and I have not updated my address yet. I am assuming that the card will be returned to NSC. I was planning to mail my AR11's this week anyway, so I will send them today, and call the Customer Service line. Is there anything else I could/should do?

You should do the postal forwarding thing with your old post office. It might even be FREE, when I moved, they sent everything to my new address. Officially it said they'll do that for 6 months, but I got some junkmail a year after the move from the old address. You know that a letter was redirected because they put a yellow tag over the address with your new address. But you must fill out a form for the Post Office to be able to do that.

Long time no see, paulclarke1, did you switch jobs voluntarily? Any risk of troubles from the sponsoring company for leaving so early?

Card Arrived

Curiously enough my card arrived in the mail yesterday at my new address. The envelope was a plain while business envelope (windowed). There were no BCIS or "RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED" endorsements on the outside and it had been forwared from our old address with no problem. My wifes still has not arrived but I will wait a few days before being concerned.

As for the change of job it was voluntary and I made my 6 months by a couple of days. It was briefly mentioned during my exit interview, however I had been with the company for 6 years so it was hardly a cut and run in my opinion and they did not press the issue.