1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to a discussion by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna in the November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

Cap exempt H1 to cap subject H1

Discussion in 'General H-1 and H-3 Visa and Related Issues' started by imgdoc, Dec 21, 2006.

1. imgdoc

imgdoc Registered Users (C)

I am currently on my 6th year of cap exempt H1. My current job ends in June 2007. I have a new job starting July 1st 2007, but that job's H1 will be subject to the cap. My I-140 is approved and I am planning to apply for a three year extension as per AC 21 provisions. My wifes 6 year H1 also will expire at the same time and she doesnt have a green card in process. Please clarify these questions for me:
    1. Should I wait until April 1st to apply for my new cap subject H1 or can I apply for it now?
    2.Can I start my new employment in July or should I wait until October for the new cap subject H1 to take effect?
    3.If I can apply only in April 2007 and start my new job only in October 2007, what should I do from July 1st to october 1st? Should I leave the country or can I get a B1 visa?
    Any suggestions sincerely appreciated.