Can't find the receipt number on USCIS website - help!

zoelee

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

I filed application for AP and EAD in August this year, got receipts in mail and RD being August 03. A month later I checked online but the system told me both cases couldn't be found. On August 31 I had my fp done for the EAD renewal with the appointment USCIS scheduled for me.

This morning I checked online again. I found the EAD case, but not the AP.

I'm planning on traveling to Italy in early Nov, tickets purchased already. I have to have my AP so I can apply for visa to London (airside transit) and Italy. I'm afraid my case got lost or sth, what can I do? is this only a lag with their system?but how come my EAD case shows? frustrated...

follow up questions

bps, thanks for reply. I've made an infopass appointment. I plan to inquire on my 485 and 131. Do I just tell them as it is to be admitted to the office? Or I have to make a case?

also, do u think they've lost my 131 application? I'm running out of time, and I really want to go to itally :eek: and my tickets non-refundable :mad:

zoelee said:
bps, thanks for reply. I've made an infopass appointment. I plan to inquire on my 485 and 131. Do I just tell them as it is to be admitted to the office? Or I have to make a case?

also, do u think they've lost my 131 application? I'm running out of time, and I really want to go to itally :eek: and my tickets non-refundable :mad:

you need to call the uscis number. My case was filed on july 19th and the case didnt show up online for over a montn and a half. I called the uscis number and was told that it is due to a system glitch. they will put in a referral to get it fixed for you . However they did mention that in some cases it will take 45 days for the case to show up online. I dont think they have lost your application.

follow up to thira

thira, did it cause your case to be delayed? Or they r working on it, just that it didn't show in their automatic system?

I filed I485,I765,I30 and I31 together but after a month only 130,131 and 765 got updated and till today there is no case status update for I485 and still i received the interview letter. So in my opinion it does not matter if there is an online case update, you should be gud if you received the receipts.

There are people that their cases never appear online...and nothing cause a delay. You can make a call to the 800 number and try to speak with a supervisor...go on the part of the menu that says if you do not have a receipt number. Last time, they make you wait another 30 days...and then appears.

Good luck,

I files I-130, 485 and 765 together. Only the I-485 status is available online, the others are not online due to a "technical glitch".

Call the USCIS 1-800-375-5283 phone number.

I use options menu options 2,6,2,4, talk to the person, give them my rcpt number, and they transfer you to someone who can lookup the case.

It usually takes an hour+ to get through though.

Good Luck!

My 485 didn't show up online until they sent me an RFE. If it wasn't for that it may still not be online.

thanks guys. The combinatin is really helpful... i talked to a woman and now is being transferred to another person...I'm on hold as i type this for a customer representative, the wait time is 25-35 minutes :)

on another thought, when i go to my infopass appointment to inqure my 458 next week, does my husband have to go with me? he's the one who's sponsoring my gc. I was trying to ask the women at the 800 number about my 485, she said my husband has to be the one calling so they can file a service request.

The one who can inquire about the I-485 is you, because you are the one applying for your adjustment of status even your spouse is your sponsor. For I-130 issues related then is the person who applied in your behalf, in that case your spouse.

Thanks guys. I did get to talk to an immigration personel this morning. She told me they usually don't put I131 case online and it takes 90-120 days to turn it around :eek: So that's that. Guess I can only pray for miracle here...

For my 485, she said now it's taking 24 months to complete security background check. which is a lot more than the 120 days in the FBI testimony. Not sure if they just saying that to shut us up...

zoelee said:
Thanks guys. I did get to talk to an immigration personel this morning. She told me they usually don't put I131 case online and it takes 90-120 days to turn it around :eek: So that's that. Guess I can only pray for miracle here...

For my 485, she said now it's taking 24 months to complete security background check. which is a lot more than the 120 days in the FBI testimony. Not sure if they just saying that to shut us up...

I love these cryptic answers --- sometimes I think they just make the figures up. In our case, security check was done after 1 month.

what is ur nationality? i'm chinese that might be why it takes longer? but i don't know what china has to do with terrirism, they r barking at the wrong tree...