Cannot get letter from SSS before interview

asha

Registered Users (C)
My relative who entered the country after his 26th birthday, wasn't able to get the letter from SSS because he doesn't have the copy of the original I94 (since his original visit, he has been in an out of US a number of times). SS admin. is requiring a document from USCIS, in lieu of the original I94 for SS clearance. But he doesn't have too much time before the interview, to get the documents.

Since he is not required to register for the selective services (he enterted after the 26th birthday), would the USICS not require SSS clearance?

Thanks.

What if one entered the US before he was 26 yrs (on student/H1 visa etc), but got GC when he was say 26.5 yrs ?

I have the same question as cp-gc. My case is as follows,
I (male) entered the U.S on F1 visa when I was 21. I remained on F1/H1 (nonimmigrant visas) until I got my permanent residency in my 27th year.
I believe I am exempt from registering with selective services registration OR do I have to register?

You need to be a PR (or an ILLEGAL immigrant) under or at 26 years to register with SSS. H1/F1/B1 are temporary visas. SSS is a recruiting front for the US Armed Svc's and non residents cant join anyway

PR after 26th Bday

Hi Rahul, Joef,

Do does it mean if we became PR after the 26th Birthday we dont need to worry abt this ???

Thanks

Rahul Kumar said:
You need to be a PR (or an ILLEGAL immigrant) under or at 26 years to register with SSS. H1/F1/B1 are temporary visas. SSS is a recruiting front for the US Armed Svc's and non residents cant join anyway