canadien or any experts, could you prvide some advice on border issue?

ken_oli

Registered Users (C)
I am a US h-1b worker (but no visa stamp, since changed form f-1), and also a Canadian PR (landed already). I want to commute arcoss border to maintain US\'s h-1b. Do I have to have a US h-1b visa (I mean stamp on passport), for this, since I will commute almost everyday except weekend?
I am H-1b worker and also a landed Canadian PR. this is about crossing US/Canada border
I am asking because with h-1b status and I-94 card I can come back to US for short trip (say, less than 30 days, and don\'t go any places other than Canada. Actually, I did this way for first time landing to Canada. But, I am not sure I can do this later on almost everyday without a US Visa. Does anyone tried this way before? if not possible, how many entries or how many days do we could get from one US h-1b stamp? say, 6-months, does that means we have to apply visa every half year.
Thanks for all advices in advance.

No Title

Message for ken_oli
I would advice you to live in Canadian side(like Winsdor, Niagra falls) and work in the United States. This is perfectly legal as long you live in Canada. Lot of landing immigrants does this.Not only you are earning in US dollars, but at the same time you are maintaining canadian legal status.
Let me know if you have understand my comments.

No Title

Hi, Canadian
Thanks for your comment. But, what about my question on across the border in my previous email. Do I have to a stamp for my H-1 status? if yes, how long will it, on stamp, be good?
Thanks again.

No Title

You do need need a H1b visa stamp(only valid H1B approval notice would be enough) to cross to USA on a regular basis.
This is what I am trying to tell you.

Live in canada close to USA border and then commute everyday to US.
On entering USA, show your H1B approval notice and payroll. This will let you in .
Upon returing to Canada from work, show your landing status and enter canada.I have done it long time back. My friends do it everyday - they work in detroit and live in winsdor.

This is very simple guy.

No Title

Thanks a lot, Canediann.
Hope the new bill will pass soon so we won\'t worry any more, :=)

No Title

Hi Canediann,

I read some place that even though the new bill passes , it will be
years before it will be \'proclaimed\' ? and then only it takes
effect ...so not much hope there to have some immidiate relief

bye
tt tt

No Title

I have heard that the Bill C-11 might pass in June this year before the parliament close for summer.Let\'s keep our fingers crossed...

No Title

I have already landed in Canada on May, 2001. If Bill C-11 will pass, then you guys have any idea this bill will be effected in my case.