Canadian visa on RTD????

egragjevi

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone tried this lately, getting a canadian visa on a RTD?
I tried last week and I was denied. This is after I received 4 canadian visas in the last 2 years and after traveling many many times to Canada. My application was the same. No changes at all. The reason for denial was 1. immigration status and 2. Family ties in US/Canada. (my brother and my ant are in Canada) Do you know of any changes in regards to processing visas for asylees? I have a steady job, got paystubs, bank statements and W2 for the past 3 years showing that I worked for the same company and made 6 figures each year. I am a little puzzled why I was denied.
Thanks

Sorry to hear your denial. I seriously doubt that they have changed their policy. I know of people who got visas in the last two or three weeks. Back in the day when I was a RTD holder getting a Canadian visa was a piece of cake.

Do they have a process for appeals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried this lately, getting a canadian visa on a RTD?
I tried last week and I was denied. This is after I received 4 canadian visas in the last 2 years and after traveling many many times to Canada. My application was the same. No changes at all. The reason for denial was 1. immigration status and 2. Family ties in US/Canada. (my brother and my ant are in Canada) Do you know of any changes in regards to processing visas for asylees? I have a steady job, got paystubs, bank statements and W2 for the past 3 years showing that I worked for the same company and made 6 figures each year. I am a little puzzled why I was denied.
Thanks

I was denied once because the officer was the biggest bitch out there..I applied again after few months and was approved..go figure!! That was back in 2003.

Unfortunatly there is no appeal. I cant believe I was denied. My income is probably twice of the immigration officer. I guess that was not enough. I requested caips (visa file) so I will find out what she (immigration officer)thought in 4 weeks or so. thanks

Nothing prevents you from applying again. Do it and chances are you will have a different officer. Maybe the your first officer had a bad day or something.

I think it must have happened in Canadian consulate in New York only. I have got their tourist visas several times when I was an asylee and I had RTD only. The only time I faced problem in getting their visa happened when my application went to an old lady in their NY consulate, even though my expired RTDs were full of Canadian visas. She harassed me with Fuc**** questions, it seemed like she hate asylees, she was even angry at Canadian Consulate in India when she learnt that they have issued visa to a wife of an asylee.....so even before she could make a final decision, I submitted a formal complaint to their consulate general Pamela Vallin. My application was taken over from her, she had to go through a formal investigation and a multiple entry Visa was issued to me immedialy. I never faced this problem afterwards.

So plan accordingly man... good luck.

Regards

I agree Triple Citizen.

But on the other hand everybody has a right to freely move across the earth as long as he/she has a valid reason, documentation and satisfy the security and other needs of the countries he/she enters.

I agree Triple Citizen.

But on the other hand everybody has a right to freely move across the earth as long as he/she has a valid reason, documentation and satisfy the security and other needs of the countries he/she enters.

Actually an alien does not have "a right" to enter a country. Canada can exclude a foreign person for any reason or no reason at all. That said, given the close ties between the United States and Canada, the Canadian consulate owes American visa applicants more courtesy than it has shown in this instance.

Canada allows visa-free travel to all US permanent residents.
The USA does not allow visa-free travel to all Canadian permanent residents.
Who owes whom?

That said, given the close ties between the United States and Canada, the Canadian consulate owes American visa applicants more courtesy than it has shown in this instance.

Canada allows visa-free travel to all US permanent residents.
The USA does not allow visa-free travel to all Canadian permanent residents.
Who owes whom?

We are talking about refugees not LPRs. The United States Department of State does not cavalierly deny visa requests from holders of Canadian refugee documents.

Are we assuming that the OP met all the requirements that specific consul had for issuance of a Canadian visit visa? Remember, the discretion of the consul cannot be challenged. Even a Canadian MP cannot persuade a consul, theoretically.

The United States Department of State does not cavalierly deny visa requests from holders of Canadian refugee documents.

Happened to me once many years back. I complained with the Canadian Government in Ottawa and they reversed themselves in a few days.

This was my application for canadian visa. Visiting canada for the weekend including these documents: Bank account $60000, 401K $54000, W2 for the past 3 years more than $100000/year, work in healthcare, same employer for the past 3 years, Paystubs net $3100/in 2 week period, visiting my brother (asylee in Canada) and aunt(cnd citizen), received 4 canadian visas in the past 2 years, visited canada many, many times, applied for skilled worker in 2007, and I was never interviewed. Only given the rejection letter saying that I do not meet their requirements and the reasons are 1. my immigration status and 2. family ties in canada/country I live in.

Maybe my skilled worker application had something to do with the denial but that I think shows that I do not want to immigrate to canada ilegally. Also, there is a third country agreement that Canada accepts asylum seekers comming from US as long as you have a relative in Canada. So, If I wanted to immigrate to Canada, I could do so anytime. Just drive on the border and seek asylum. I know this for a fact that has been done before and people still take advantage of it when their asylum application gets denied in the US. In detroit you can apply through fredom house and the same for buffalo. They set an appointement for you and you show up at the border. So, If I wanted to immigrate to Canada I could do so anytime.
I am still puzled why I was denied this is why I requested my visa file. I will know something in couple of weeks.

Ahh, the world of visas. People relegated to their country, and having to ask for permission to go to other parts on this earth. It sounds weird if you think about the concept over and over again. I hate it, this system of nation states and borders and passports and governments. We're all doomed... hehe.