canadian PR working in US on H1b...wanna travel back to canada

desi123

Registered Users (C)
Hello all. My sis is a canadian PR. She has been in usa on h1b for over a year now...but she wants to maintain her canadian PR. She has bank account and a residential address in canda...but not a health card. So she wants to go to canada..get a health card and a driving license there..and come back to usa for some time until her h1 is valid....Do u all think that travling to canada by greyhound would be a problem...NY to toronto.
If immig officials at canada border ask about her stay in usa what must she say? Her H1 is stamped in he passport already????Thank you all in advance for ur help.

Dont use Greyhound, Train..its a bad idea!

Dont use Greyhound or any public transportation in your sister case. They scrutinize a lot on public transport. Each individual has to go to Immigration office. Use a private car

No Title

how will the canadians know that she was out og CA for more than 183 days???That is what puzzles me..becoz there is no exit or entry stamp on her passport?

they dont know...

They dont know about it. Read a previous message "Landing Experience Detroit/Windsor" , tt tt has post his experience while he travelled a couple of times back and forth. But they may ask your sister, "When did you go to USA? "

extract from tt tt experience

This is tt tt experience, that he posted for us

Posted By: tt tt 1/24/02 2:50 PM
(#12 of 14)
Here is my experiance:
Entered in vancouver by land, stayed for some weeks, came back.
Next entered at toronto\'s pearson after 45 days , was asked why
..I shoed an interview letter email. was let in...left after 2 days.
re-enterd after 2 months at peacebridge...my passport was not even
seen, no questions,,just ..are you a PR ? yes...come on in! left
in 3 days.
Last time entered just 2 days after I had left ( forgot some stuff
back at toronto ) at the rainbow bridge..only Q asked ; are you a
PR , do you have your papers on you ? yes to both..
Now about 5 months have passed since I last entered...post sept
I dont knwo how it goes.

bottomline is ; if you enter by land, they used to be quite cool,
keep your papers, sin #, provincial Drivers lic# with you and
you should be fine.

while I am flattered to have my story being listed...

Please note that I have done all my travel before Sept 11.
Although the overall security may be high, I dont think
Canadian PRs will be subject to higher scrutiny, more
scrutiny will be for refugees, visitors etc.
again my 2 cents.

Which mode of transport?

I have a different question . One of my friend is going to land in Toronto from NY in next month. His family member is 4 and he will take only his clothings and small appliences with him which comprises of(say) 7-8 bagages. He has a NY driving license, but he sold his car few days ago. He doesn\'t want to travel by plane. His question is(for landing purpose), can he take 7-8 big size suitecase in GrayHound bus or Amtrack train? Will he get enough time his bus or train will wait in landing process at Canadian Checkpost. Or should he rent a big van? If he hire a big van, would canadian authority allow him to drive that van (after landing)from border to Toronto?

Thanks in advance.

take a greyhound to buffalo.

then use a taxi cab to go to the border. whether he is allowed back
in the US depends if he has a valid visa and I-94

Landing first time , public transport should be ok

When landing for first time, Amtrak, Greyhound, rent a car with \'one-way\' drop off , everything should be fine.

Landing

What is the best possible way to land in Canada?Is it preferable to land by air first and then come back by Greyhound or Amtrack

re: landing

Going by land is mostly relaxed. But for the first time landing going by Air also shoundn\'t have any problem too. Do you have H1/AP/485?

do you mean immigration check ?

what do you mean comming by greyhound ? coming to canada
or coming back to the USA ?
either way you will have to go thru customs and immigration both
ways , going or coming by greyhound or car or air dont matter

H1B worked for 5 months came to canada stayed for 5 months can i go to USA on same H1B which i worke

reentring on H1B as CANADA PR

H1B worked for 5 months came to canada stayed for 5 months can i go to USA on same H1B which i worked previously it is still valid any docs should i show at border any questions by border people thanks for your advice

H1B visa issual in Toronto

Does anyone know if the toronto US embassy is processing H1 visa for 2 days? My friend told me that they take 2 days to process the H1 Visa issual. Please let me know as soon as possible
Thanks in advance

reentring on H1B as CANADA PR

If your company still employees you , yes you can. Otherwise dont it. FBI and INS in USA are looking for H1b being out of status.