Canadian PR & H1 holder flying to USA

Amit Choudary

Hi:

I am a Canadian PR first then I got a H1 and have been living in the US since. So, I don\'t have the Machine Readable H1 Visa like most of you but, just a stamp and a I-94 in my passport.

Would there be any problems when i fly direct to the US from India. I am going to India next week and plan to fly directly to Chicago.

Any experiences, please share..

Thanks,
Amit

Why dont you get a multiple entry visa while u are in India.

Hi Amit,

I am in the same situation, like you.It would be advisable to apply for multiple entry visa in India, so can enjoy your trip thinking that you will not have any hassales in getting back to U.S.

But legally you are supposed to be allowed entry becoz we are citizens of coomonwealth countries and PR\'s of Canada and so we should not need visa for US.

Anyway Please post your experiences as soon as possible, Or email to
beautyeyes75@hotmail.com

Tx
Jyo

Get H1 visa stamped first.

My recommendation will be to get the H1-multiple entry stamped first. If you are living in US then I don\'t know how good your Landed status is in Canada.

Even landed immigrants of Canada need a work visa to work in US. Short visits (business or pleasure) are fine without a visa but work is a different matter altogether.

After Sept 11, don\'t expect immigration officers to be lenient at all. If I were you, I would not take any chances.

canadian PR

Mr canadian PR
I understand you hold a canaadian PR and also an H1 visa and also currently you are in US. If you plan to go to india from US direct then you have to give your I94 at departure. if you plan to get a multiple entry visa from India for US then best of luck because since being a citizen of common wealth country you do not require a visa to enter US so the consulate might tell you to get the I94 again from canada
(just the way you got it the first place) well this time they shall check lot of things and verify you employment pay stub etc and I presume thatyou have neverlived in canada you will have difficulty in proving the local officer that you are hold a valid canadian PR

best thing is that you PLEASE go to india from canada and avoid all the hastles otherwise you will have great difficulty in entering US

I have a live example from someone who is currently stuck

in canada under a similiar situation

a well wisher

No Title

rbhatt,
I am a canadian PR coming to US on a h1b in the near future.
I never worked in canada and want to take a new i-94 at the border at come to usa to start work.
according to your message, I assume I will have lot of problems at the border. When did u r friend try coming to USA from canada and can u please explain details what happenned at border.
your advice can help me a lot.

Canadian PR coming on H1B

Hi,

I am also a canadian PR from India, coming to US on H1B. I called the US consulate in Toronto and was informed, they will not stamp the visa in passport.

After staying in the US for some time, will canadian PR be valid to enter Canada (if you want to go to India thru Canada).

Rajeshwar rao

No Title

are you coming to US on h1b from canada or india?
Are you in canada or US now?

No Title

venkat,
some of my friends went and came back to india from USA without visa with canadian green card. They did not have any problem.

if you are in canada now, you can show the h1b at border and take i-94 and come to usa, right?

No Title

venkat,
I am also a candian PR who is planning to come to US on h1b next week.
So do you know what they will ask at border.Please tell me.
will my canadian pr paper and h1b enough or will they ask me for
any other documents?