Canadian citizen renewing TN Status

rkail777

I've had over 7 different TN status stamped on my passport in the last 10 years. Last time I got two TNs for 2 years and another for 3 years. I've flown out of Toronto Pearson Airport, they've never given me any issues. Last time I went, the whole encounter literally took 2 minutes. He took my paperwork, told me to sit, went to the back to make photocopies, and then told me to come around pay my fees. 0 questions asked.

My understanding is if your paperwork is solid, and you have the credentials to backup your case, it doesn't matter which PoE you go to, they will approve you. I want to renew my TN in the next month, I am currently working in Texas. I have three options, and could use some advice/feedback as to what I should do.

1. Drive to Laredo, Texas, turn around at the Mexico/US border, apply for TN, and come back. How safe is this? would you recommend this?
2. Drive to Buffalo, NY, go to the Peace Bridge, literally turn around and speak to US CBP about applying for TN. The idea would be to enter Canada. Not sure how the Canadian CBP would handle this.
3. Drive to Buffalo, NY. Walk to Canada via bridge around Niagara Falls. Go home and then fly out of Toronto Pearson Airport.

What do you recommend? My goal is to not get stuck in Canada or quarantine for 2 weeks, I wanna renew my TN and come back ASAP.

I went to Laredo TX on May 14th and Got the TN without any issues. It is simple and easy.
what day did you go on? I am thinkin maybe go early Tuesday or Wednesday morning. I've heard it can get super busy there. How far did you go into Mexico? Do you need to enter Mexico and then enter US or can you just turn around while within US? I've never been there.

Hello snehatest,

Is there any need requirement to carry Covid Test results etc.,? Pls., let me know your experience.

thanks in advance,
AK

Thanks for the reply. Pls., let us know if there are any precautions to take or preparation tips., for Visa.