Canada Trip - I94

kirankumarj

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

1)My GC is approved recently. Planning to go to Niagara falls on the Canadian side. Should I show them any of the old I-94?

2) I have almost 8/9 I-94 from the time I landed in USA. Visited India in between once but gave them only one,that was recent at that time. Is that an issue?

When I travel next time, should I handover all I-94 ?

Thanks for your time.

Hi friends,

1)My GC is approved recently. Planning to go to Niagara falls on the Canadian side. Should I show them any of the old I-94?

2) I have almost 8/9 I-94 from the time I landed in USA. Visited India in between once but gave them only one,that was recent at that time. Is that an issue?

When I travel next time, should I handover all I-94 ?

Thanks for your time.

Well, i think you just need to show your US Green card, that's it.

Wait for other members reponse. Also, check this below forums
http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

You shouldnt go until you have GC in hand or stamp on passport.
You need not Show/return any I-94 while leaving. Remove all I-94 and keep them safe along with your EAD etc. Just show them your GC and tell them where you are going.
But if you are from countries on the state dept list then dont forget to report your arrival departure at the border US side.

Thanks both

I have GC Card in hand.

So,Should I keep all the I-94 with me then ? I thought, we should always hand over the I-94 while leaving usa?

I am still searching for the info for my parents,if they could get a canada Visa within USA.

In the Canadian Border they will not ask for I94 but if you want to hand it over you certainly can. All up to you. That is because you dont come across US immigration or Agents while leaving to Canada. The first officer you will see is a Canadian Immigration. (Some times you might come across US Customs agents asking if you are carrying any cash/equivalent of more than 10K)

Take your parents to Canadian Consulate and ask for a visitor visa. They will generally give it because you are a GC and are going along with them. They know you will come back :D and bring them back too.