Can you do this?

gigaman

Registered Users (C)
I read somewhere on here that when you get your FP letter you can go get fingerprinted any day?you dont need to wait til the date shown on the letter?

yes, it's true that you can walk-in. But not all district offices accept that, some DOs have denied walk-in FP.

What's your evidence for this claim?

I don't think anyone has any evidence for or against simply because nobody knows what an earlier or later date the person would have gotten if they had waited for FP as scheduled on the NOA/RFE or if they did a walk-in. Or has the USCIS written anyone an interview letter that says "lucky you, because you did a walk-in fingerprinting you got this much earlier interview date otherwise you could have been scheduled a month from now"? My advise is, do a walk-in if you can to quickly get the ball back in their court and leave it up to them to get on with their process.

I don't think anyone has any evidence for or against simply because nobody knows what an earlier or later date the person would have gotten if they had waited for FP as scheduled on the NOA/RFE or if they did a walk-in. Or has the USCIS written anyone an interview letter that says "lucky you, because you did a walk-in fingerprinting you got this much earlier interview date otherwise you could have been scheduled a month from now"? My advise is, do a walk-in if you can to quickly get the ball back in their court and leave it up to them to get on with their process.
I agree. As a FYI, after 2.5 weeks of early walk-in FP, nothing has happened to my case. Not even a LUD. My friend wen for FP last Tuesday as originally scheduled for him and even he doesn't see any update. So. As jayoa says, it may or may not help get an earlier interview-call, but some folks do go for a walk-in and we have seen mixed results because of that.

I agree. As a FYI, after 2.5 weeks of early walk-in FP, nothing has happened to my case. Not even a LUD. My friend wen for FP last Tuesday as originally scheduled for him and even he doesn't see any update. So. As jayoa says, it may or may not help get an earlier interview-call, but some folks do go for a walk-in and we have seen mixed results because of that.

Yes, the main reason I did a walk-in was "why not?". In addition, I simply wanted to feel better that I had done all in my power to make things move faster and simply HOPE that it does make things move faster even though I have no idea if it will or not. It further makes me feel better that I do not need to wait and anticipate the scheduled appointment for weeks, it was also convenient for me to do it at my own time rather than wait for the schedule when I may need permission for an off-work day or could be doing something else at that time or simply be FREE. Plus who knows, they may be in a hurry to make me a USC and my doing a walk-in just a day after I received the NOA/RFE could actually help them make me a USC in a hurry...LOL. But as human nature would have it, in all I still felt a little short that I did not do the walk-in same day I got the NOA/RFE (instead of next day) simply because I could have. You certainly do not want to feel as though you did not do all you could have when you could have. So I say go do your walk-in FP, worse case scenario is they say no but you sure won't feel bad for trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the Lawrence Support Center... the entire process took around 15 mins. There was one person when I got there. He was finishing up and they took me right in. I simply did it because, like one of you here said "To get the ball back in their court" and apparently I picked the right day/time of the week.
Nobody knows what it takes to get your file processed quickly. The least you could do is fulfill the application requirements as quick as you can.

I went to the Lawrence Support Center... the entire process took around 15 mins. There was one person when I got there. He was finishing up and they took me right in. I simply did it because, like one of you here said "To get the ball back in their court" and apparently I picked the right day/time of the week.
Nobody knows what it takes to get your file processed quickly. The least you could do is fulfill the application requirements as quick as you can.

Way to go buddy, that's how to do it.

An early FP would not affect the interview date, because the interview is determined by the priority date. That is, when CIS received your application. Fingerprinting is not the rate determining step in the process.