Can you apply for two separate types of Visas symultaneously?

MrGringo

Registered Users (C)
Short and to the point.

1. I am a USC. My possibly soon-to-be fiancee (from Brazil) and I were planning to go the K-1 route. We'll most likely kick this off in January. However, she now wants to try to get a job near me on a work visa and then maybe take things slower if we go that route. If she gets accepted to a job and then applies for a work visa, can I still apply for a K-1 visa for her?

I think the answer is no, but I just want to make sure. I haven't found the documentation to back this up. Thanks for your time.

2. Follow up question. What if she gets a job here and then down the road we want to get married? What's the best process to go through if she's already on a work visa?

A1: If she is in the US on an H-1B or L-1A/B visa, you can still apply for a K-1 visa for her.
A2: Depending on the timing of the variables, both AOS and CR1 will be open to her.

That's good to hear because the K-1 process takes so long, relatively speaking of course.

What is AOS and CR1? I couldn't find it.

K-1 is a much quicker route to bring a fiance(e)'.
AOS = Adjustment of status
CR1 = Conditional Relative immgrant visa

That's good to hear because the K-1 process takes so long, relatively speaking of course.

What is AOS and CR1? I couldn't find it.